Poll on Twilight Grand Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll on Twilight Grand Final

Do You Want to See a Twilight Grand Final (5:00pm First Bounce)?

• Total voters

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
So we're hearing we'll find out within a week if we're having a twilight GF in 2017. It if goes ahead, what do people think about a 5pm start?

personally I think its a no brainer as more people can watch it at a later time. although I would have the game start slightly earlier at 4:30... that way, the whole of the first half will be in daylight, with the second half under lights. The sun will have set by around 3/4 time, meaning you can have post game celebrations at night with fireworks, etc. And for those like me who always goes to the pub, that's also around the perfect time for a pub meal. :beer

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Ian4 said:
So we're hearing we'll find out within a week if we're having a twilight GF in 2017. It if goes ahead, what do people think about a 5pm start?

personally I think its a no brainer as more people can watch it at a later time. although I would have the game start slightly earlier at 4:30... that way, the whole of the first half will be in daylight, with the second half under lights. The sun will have set by around 3/4 time, meaning you can have post game celebrations at night with fireworks, etc. And for those like me who always goes to the pub, that's also around the perfect time for a pub meal. :beer

I voted No, the GF BBQ with mates and also normally starting to head into decent weather.

I normally watch it overseas anyhow so im not that effected although I do like the tradition and the day itself.

E

easy_tiger

Huge no.

The half time kick in the granny is officlally the last kick of footy of the season.

what are we going to do? kick under lights?

theres broken glasses and concussions as it is.

The MBA marketing pricks can *smile* off off to soccer and *smile* with their non-existent traditions and sell more-prime time ads to them.

Has The AFL's greed and out-of-touchness with the fan no bounds?

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I prefer the traditional afternoon time. I'm usually home with visitors or at someone else's place, bbq beforehand, drinks during and go home for an evening snack, maybe watch a replay. Zero interest in fireworks. Already there's enough finals at night/twilight with nothing happening during the day in the lead up.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigers of Old said:
So long as Richmond is in one I couldn't care less what time it is on.

So true. I'm not even fussed about what country it would be played in.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I don't buy into the "tradition" argument. its a bit like gay marriage... 20 years after they're both introduced people will be wondering what the big deal was back in the day. and besides, I feel like an alcoholic walking into a pub before midday. a later start will reduce that guilt :hihi

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
shad said:
Not the biggest issue facing the game by a long stretch.

Sadly my vote wasn't based on it being a club issue. I always think we'll feature in the granny but history shows I've been a tad off the mark.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Big nup from me. Reckon as many people that are going to watch the grand final do already. Go to Moomba if you want fireworks

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
AFL saying broad acceptance by the vast majority of the football public. I call BS Gill, I'm pretty sure the HS had it as a question in last years footy survey and the result was totally opposite to the lies from the regime. Total bloody lies. Stop railroading us you corporate snivellers.

So after drafting above paragraph I did a search for 2016 Herald Sun Footy Fan Survey results and found them issued on the HS website on 03/07/16. You will see that the 'broad acceptance by the vast majority' of the 14,000 people surveyed is actually for the game to remain a day game, i.e.
Day game - 71.52%
Twilight game - 20.45%
Night game - 8.02%

I detest BS artists and the AFL are the exact definition of that term!!!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Tenacious Tiges said:
AFL saying broad acceptance by the vast majority of the football public. I call BS Gill, I'm pretty sure the HS had it as a question in last years footy survey and the result was totally opposite to the lies from the regime. Total bloody lies. Stop railroading us you corporate snivellers.

So after drafting above paragraph I did a search for 2016 Herald Sun Footy Fan Survey results and found them issued on the HS website on 03/07/16. You will see that the 'broad acceptance by the vast majority' of the 14,000 people surveyed is actually for the game to remain a day game, i.e.
Day game - 71.52%
Twilight game - 20.45%
Night game - 8.02%

I detest BS artists and the AFL are the exact definition of that term!!!

What's interesting is you get journo's like Jon Ralph doing the AFL's bidding, knowing full well that a majority of the public is opposed.