Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2022 - Cygnets vs the Pussies

Who wins the 2022 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Geelong thoroughly deserve to be favorites and really, it’s theirs to lose. However, there are a few reasons to be quietly confident Sydney can get the job done.

1) Pressure. At least in the first week of the finals Sydney’s pressure was the highest of all teams and Geelong’s was the lowest. Even on their best day Geelong don’t bring the heat like other teams and have struggled when their natural game has been disrupted. For all their talk of changes to their game plan, they are still very much a “control” side.

2) Midfield. Geelong’s midfield runs deep but is still one-paced and a bit “same-same”. If Holmes doesn’t play that will only exacerbate the issue. Sydney on the other hand have a good mix of in and under types and outside run and carry with plenty in between. Plus Sydney have “The Chad” Warner. This kid can seriously play and I don’t think it was a coincidence he was dominant in the first half when Sydney was on top and less so in the second half when Collingwood fought back.

3) forward 50 ground balls. Geelong’s defense is built around intercept marking but I think they are vulnerable against good crumbing forwards and Sydney have those in spades. Bring the ball to ground and I think Sydney can cause the Geelong defenders no end of trouble.

Anyway, what do I know?

Reactions: 5 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Hope buddy rewinds the clock and dominates - think he is going to need to for the swans to win

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Think Swans are crazy to play Reid. Geelong made the right call not to play Holmes. You don't take injured blokes into the toughest game of the year.
And yet there have been so many instances where teams have and won the GF. Millane, Brereton, Stevie J, Lappin off the top of my head.

Reactions: 1 user