Greg Miller Talent Boosting Plan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greg Miller Talent Boosting Plan

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
rosy3 said:
I think we need a mix of recycled players and kids.

Thats is exactly right Rosy, but as MILLER himself said, it is not an easy task getting it right, but if we only go one way or the other we are paddling up hill.

We saw what happened to the team when we lost out onfield leaders at various stages of the year, so we do need those experienced players to guide and mentor the kids. Having said that though I am not disagreeing that we do need a greater emphasis on the kids this year.

This task has been made even harder this year, because of our previous record in short term recruiting.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
tigerjoe said:
The whole problem with recruiting recycled players at Richmond is that we do not have the ability to improve them.

I think you're on the mark tigerjoe. Whichever way we go with recruiting, unless we are able to develop players, then regardless of whether we recruit young players or recycled players, it's going to be a hard task to put together a winning combination.

The ability to improve players is definitely the key.