GWS have problems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS have problems

His training Thursday was walking. That was it.
Hope he plays. He won’t last a Quarter.

Me 2.
I want him to play.
Then they will have 2 injured players playing.
They have NO chance with a fit 22, but going in with 2 injured could see a Geelong vs port Adelaide result.
Even the weather is our favourite, cold, slippery and windy.
I was confident Monday morning and I’m convinced at 6 O’clock GF day.
Us by 38

Reactions: 1 user
Davis struggling to overcome his injuries
Whitfield still recovering from surgery
Mummy to old n tired to recover properly n struggling to last a full match.

Bring on the Gimps, hope they all play n it puts extra load on the rest of their players. Grannies r way to intense n flat out to carry passengers, the weight will crush them in the last qtr.

Reactions: 2 users
Davis struggling to overcome his injuries
Whitfield still recovering from surgery
Mummy to old n tired to recover properly n struggling to last a full match.

Bring on the Gimps, hope they all play n it puts extra load on the rest of their players. Grannies r way to intense n flat out to carry passengers, the weight will crush them in the last qtr.
Hoping for this too
As long as we don't cop any injuries early in the game

Reactions: 1 users
GWS’ tactics seem to have fired up Dimma to make sure we’re the tougher team.

I’m loving it.

Dimma is classy and all smiles in public, but I have no doubt he’s got some mongrel advice to our players and a mindset that will hold us in good stead today.

The main improvement in GWS’ form recently has come from a change in attitude that has been blown up, talked up, and soon to be countered by one of the hardest coaches going around.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone feel sorry for GWS?
Just like Adelaide - 2 years in the wilderness trying to work out what happened.

Just a thought.
Watching our VFL GF side we were a class above and it was only the ill discipline of players like Aarts, Butler, Weller etc that kept them in it.
Sooner we clear out these hacks the better. Chol did the same and McCrae pulled him straight away. Good to see.

Don't feel sorry for GWS, didn't feel sorry for North Melbourne in 1974.

GWS have a list full of talent, they need to work out how to turn that into a team. I reckon they are a chance to do this if they learn their lessons. Lesson 1: build a respectful culture. Yes, play hard, but play clean and fair. That means losing a player like Green who I reckon is a culture killer.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Don't feel sorry for GWS, didn't feel sorry for North Melbourne in 1974.

GWS have a list full of talent, they need to work out how to turn that into a team. I reckon they are a chance to do this if they learn their lessons. Lesson 1: build a respectful culture. Yes, play hard, but play clean and fair. That means losing a player like Green who I reckon is a culture killer.

DS

Have to finish top 4 to have any chance. Three hard finals and especially the lose to Collingwood sucked everything oit of them.

I feel sorry for all those idiots who put there freaking annoying song all over the social media joint. Shouldn't ve wasted 10min.

GWS did what we did in the early days of finals. Chose to play 2 50-50 players in a final.
You cannot select a player that is not 100% fit.
You will lose.

Reactions: 3 users
They pooped their pants yesterday plain and simple. Couldn’t cope with the big stage and the hardness and ferocity of the mighty tigers.

Reactions: 3 users
GWS have more problems... they're calling the psychologists this morning ...

They pooped their pants yesterday plain and simple. Couldn’t cope with the big stage and the hardness and ferocity of the mighty tigers.
Cotch’s tackle on Mummies Boy set the scene. What a warrior! Pity Chambermaid gave Mummies Boy a free kick for being tackled correctly and impeccably.

Last edited:
Me 2.
I want him to play.
Then they will have 2 injured players playing.
They have NO chance with a fit 22, but going in with 2 injured could see a Geelong vs port Adelaide result.
Even the weather is our favourite, cold, slippery and windy.
I was confident Monday morning and I’m convinced at 6 O’clock GF day.
Us by 38

Perfect call here. Straight kicking from Georgie would have had the port v Geelong outcome.

Reactions: 2 users