GWS have problems | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS have problems

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Jimmy Bartel is on Game Day and is shattered .. .. he's in bits ...

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Jimmy Bartel is on Game Day and is shattered .. .. he's in bits ...
Very flat. Had to praise us, but the words were sticking in his throat. The graphic about how teams who get a thrashing in the GF after go the following year.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The Giants did exactly what we did in the 2018 prelim and that is going into an important game with injured and sick players. Never a good idea when the opposition is in top form

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Well, the microscope will firmly be on Cameron and GWS.

Yet another finals failure (and a massive one at that!)

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We are being a bit hard on the giants - their finals campaign has been pretty good this year - 3 finals wins and a loss (what would Salty Scott give for those stats)

They made some dum decisions with team selections but they had simply ran out of gas and played a tiger team that was building - we beat Geelong by only playing 2 good qtrs remember and similarly the lions. We were on the for the Granny from the start and it only took a qtr to break the giants. We were in hot form.

Can’t see many teams doing a doggies and win from that far back in the future.

Remember, they did us a favour and knocked out the pies by less than a kick and at the same time, ran themselves into the ground.

The giants have also gifted me my two most enjoyable games ever that I have witnessed live (didn’t get a ticket to the 2017 grannie)

I never thought it would get better than the 2017 prelim where we (the crowd) were in such party mode from mid way through the 3rd.

Well Saturday topped that - I was in party mode from mid way through the second, it was just glorious. Thanks giants, couldn’t have had those experiences without you.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Very fair assessment YOTT. I have some sympathy for the Giants, personally I think we would have smashed anyone on Saturday, the only difference would have been the resulting margin.

Would have preferred to smash Collingwood again. Hoping for that as a GF matchup next year :)

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yes they have actually had a very good year in the wash up.

Savaged by injuries also and willed themselves into the Grand Final, and knocked out the Maggots in the process.

Last edited:

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
What they and the AFL must understand is a Champion team will always beat a team of champions.