Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
btoz_01 said:
Yesterday we had McIntosh ::) rucking at centre bounces :help
The Grigg game play ended after our premiership in 2017 and the game has moved on
Why does Dimmer continue to use players such as Riewoldt (before injury), McIntosh, Rioli, Cotchin etc to go up for ruck contests in the centre square?

Waiting for Stack to be given a shot in the ruck.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
saigon tiger said:
Tram tracks Hardwick. Possibly worst coach ever to win a flag.
Pretty sure that still makes him a Premiership coach ? Something most who coach in the AFL don’t get to achieve, just lucky I guess

E

easy_tiger

bought a book of idioms in the op shop the other day.

2 origins that are relevant.

The Buck stops with ......

comes from the Wild West card games when a buck knife stabbed in the table delineated the dealer.

a Basket Case ....

refers to a soldier in WW1 who had all 4 limbs blown off or amputated and came off the ship home in a basket.

The way our injuries are accruing, we could become a basket case.

we could carry Brandon ellis out onto the MCG in a basket to compete in the ruck?

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
btoz_01 said:
Yesterday we had McIntosh ::) rucking at centre bounces :help
. Who else could he throw in . Was surprised watching at the ground then realised Balta had been moved to Cameron. Couldn't throw Garth in there but maybe Astbury was worth a try. From memory at that time Broad was caught in no mans land part watching Tomlinson and trying to fill the hole.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
saigon tiger said:
Tram tracks Hardwick. Possibly worst coach ever to win a flag.

Prefer to have the worst coach to ever win a flag rather than have the best coach to never win a flag.

If you want the latter, then go follow whichever club Ross Lyon is coaching this round.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think Scott's rep is flattered by playing at kardinia park. Home wins has led to regular finals but not a contender of late.
This season has been promising for the cats so it will be interesting

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
tigerdell said:
I think Scott's rep is flattered by playing at kardinia park. Home wins has led to regular finals but not a contender of late.
This season has been promising for the cats so it will be interesting
Won the GF with Thompson’s team in 2011, since then despite the talent at his disposal and the home ground advantage has not been back in the GF again.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Hardwick spent time at Hawthorn as an assistant where they had the philosophy 'lose a soldier replace him with another one'

Hardwick must have missed out on that one as over the last couple of years it seemed it was 'lose a soldier patch him up and send him back out' (Dusty was on one and a half legs at the end of last season and others were the walking wounded but they were still selected)

Now we are smitten with injuries the replacements have had little or no AFL experience.

Hardwick is now forced to 'replace him with another one' which has us now at a disadvantage as he hasn't given these players the exposure at senior level.

The two players who have debuted this year were better than the players they replaced but for injuries would be still running around in the twos. (Balta and Stack)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Don’t think I’ve ever read as much *smile* on here in the whole time as the last 2 weeks.

Dimma may not go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time, however his proven many wrong that he has what it takes to be a Premiership coach and I think that hurts a few little petals on here that they were proven wrong and not the footballing geniuses they believed they were.

Apparently Dimma hasn’t blooded any players while we are in the window to win a flag, well I think I’m right saying we used 34 players last year, 2 retired before season started , 2 missed most of the year injured and the other couple were skinny rakes and I don’t think throwing them in against the big boys would have been great for there development.

Yes the coaches are about to be really tested again, however I think they have enough credits in the bank to be shown a little faith. It’s no wonder we have a reputation of eating our own

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
tha8ball said:
Hopefully his “I feel better when he is in the side” feeling regarding Brandon Ellis has changed.

I found that an odd comment. I've always felt nauseous when he is in the side.