Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

E

easy_tiger

zippadeee said:
Flag favourites to wooden spooners

jeez zips. I don't think anybody likes reading it.

unplug your keyboard so you can type it, but we don't have to see it.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mr Brightside said:
Don’t think I’ve ever read as much sh!t on here in the whole time as the last 2 weeks.

Dimma may not go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time, however his proven many wrong that he has what it takes to be a Premiership coach and I think that hurts a few little petals on here that they were proven wrong and not the footballing geniuses they believed they were.

Apparently Dimma hasn’t blooded any players while we are in the window to win a flag, well I think I’m right saying we used 34 players last year, 2 retired before season started , 2 missed most of the year injured and the other couple were skinny rakes and I don’t think throwing them in against the big boys would have been great for there development.

Yes the coaches are about to be really tested again, however I think they have enough credits in the bank to be shown a little faith. It’s no wonder we have a reputation of eating our own
Well said, CC :clap. Said it the other week, sadly we have a small group of posters here who perversely prefer losing to winning.

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
mad_tiggy911 said:
These next few weeks will tell us a lot about whether Dimma has changed.

Without doubt,hopefully we will see players picked on form & future potential for the club.
Not unwarranted favoritism to those who performed way back in 2017.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
He took a team of 4 champions, a few good players and a hell of a lot of role players, some who aren't actually very good footballers to a premiership.

The guy can coach. In fact I reckon history will show that getting that side to a flag and an 18 game winning season the year after was one of the best coaching performances in modern times.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
toby64 said:
He took a team of 4 champions, a few good players and a hell of a lot of role players, some who aren't actually very good footballers to a premiership.

The guy can coach. In fact I reckon history will show that getting that side to a flag and an 18 game winning season the year after was one of the best coaching performances in modern times.

He will be next tony jewel. For the next 36 years he will be the ‘last’ premiership coach of the Richmond football club.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I was in the he can't coach camp. Then he achieved something I thought I'd never see and experience in my life. For that he has all the credits in the world.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Needs to reinvent himself and the teams playing style and quickly.

Had 6mths to reflect on what happened in the prelim and appears he just put it down to a bad night! Clueless

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
King Kong said:
Needs to reinvent himself and the teams playing style and quickly.

Had 6mths to reflect on what happened in the prelim and appears he just put it down to a bad night! Clueless

Plus he took 6-6-6 for granted.
They look lost playing this new style.
Even in the game against Carlton

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I'd just like to see him more dynamic DURING games.

It's fine and all to have great systems, but footballl is a chaotic game and you don't always know what the opposition is going to bring until 1/4 time of the actual game.

Would also like to see him take the ruck a lot more seriously. Clearances are king and we are losing them badly.

I don't really care who it is - Soldo, CCJ, Balta, actual tall people - not Kamdyn and Griggy. It's taking the pi55.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
I'd just like to see him more dynamic DURING games.

It's fine and all to have great systems, but footballl is a chaotic game and you don't always know what the opposition is going to bring until 1/4 time of the actual game.

Would also like to see him take the ruck a lot more seriously. Clearances are king and we are losing them badly.

I don't really care who it is - Soldo, CCJ, Balta, actual tall people - not Kamdyn and Griggy. It's taking the pi55.

Yeah, agree with this.

He has to give up on two strategies that helped his team over the last couple of years, mainly because of the rule changes. He needs to run with a genuine second ruck and he needs to stop trying to get a seventh player back into defence at centre bounces so Lambert or Edwards can run in off the back of the square.

Neither strategy will work any more.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah I think he needs to tweak a few things with our system. Pressure football should remain as the core but perhaps some of our structures need changing. Also needs to introduce more skillful players into our line up. Some of our skills are pathetic atm.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Harry said:
Yeah I think he needs to tweak a few things with our system. Pressure football should remain as the core but perhaps some of our structures need changing. Also needs to introduce more skillful players into our line up. Some of our skills are pathetic atm.

Name one skilled player we have? Edwards but most of the time is s butcher, BigV, can’t name any others

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Harry said:

I think that's why we were so successful with the surge it forward style of play, not much skill is required in chaotic type of play

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
French Tiger said:
I think that's why we were so successful with the surge it forward style of play, not much skill is required in chaotic type of play

6-6-6 has bent us over.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Don’t think I’ve ever read as much sh!t on here in the whole time as the last 2 weeks.

Dimma may not go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time, however his proven many wrong that he has what it takes to be a Premiership coach and I think that hurts a few little petals on here that they were proven wrong and not the footballing geniuses they believed they were.

Apparently Dimma hasn’t blooded any players while we are in the window to win a flag, well I think I’m right saying we used 34 players last year, 2 retired before season started , 2 missed most of the year injured and the other couple were skinny rakes and I don’t think throwing them in against the big boys would have been great for there development.

Yes the coaches are about to be really tested again, however I think they have enough credits in the bank to be shown a little faith. It’s no wonder we have a reputation of eating our own

Yep, well said MrB, I can't believe how many negative Nancies are on these boards.

Sure we're going to be tested for depth over the next month or so. But also means we're going to see some of the younger players given golden opportunities to show what they're capable of. The likes of Bolton, Ross, Baker, Naish etc will get games earlier than expected & hopefully will take their chances to consolidate a place in the team.
We're going to be a relatively young & inexperienced team for a time, but it should set us up for more success in the future.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hope Hardwick is brave with his selections as we need to turn over some players and find some better skilled ones.

By mid year I'm hoping our line up looks something like this -

B. Grimes. Astbury. Broad.
HB. Houli. Vlastuin. Stack.
C. McIntosh. Martin. Edwards.
HF. Rioli. Riewoldt. Short.
FF. Caddy. Lynch. Higgins.
R. Nankervis. Cotchin. Lambert.
Int from. Balta. Ross. Prestia. Bolton. Grigg. Naish. CCJ. Baker.

Thats a good team imo and can be a real threat in September if it's well placed with some momentum.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
zippadeee said:

6-6-6 has bent us over.

Not really. We're about middle of the pack in terms of centre square scoring differential. -3 points we are. Brisbane Lions are on top with +41 and North last with an unbelievable - 56. This year so far after 3 rounds there has been on average 9.3 points scored per team per game directly from a centre square bounce. As suspected it isn't having a great impact due to players drifting back straight from a centre bounce.