Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He took us to a flag, for this we will be forever grateful.

He doesn't seem to make many changes during games, but I seem to recall another coach a bit like that. Would tell players to win their position rather than moving them around, one Tommy Hafey from memory. Now, I know the game has changed and the coach does need to react to what is happening. But, you also have to keep players accountable, make them persist and change the way they are playing if they are getting beaten. I'm not convinced Hardwick quite has this balance right and probably should be making more in-game changes. But I'm far from convinced he is some unthinking moron as seems to be implied here.

DS

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I actually seriously question dimmas judgement. He said to stacky before the game 'its gunna take time for you to get up to the speed of AFL'. Losing it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Now Dimma might be in trouble from the AFL with some exchange he had with an emergency dumpire......WTF do you want pricks!!!

Richmond is the Cash Cow for Gestapo Gill and his goons.

Feb 25, 2007
Harry said:
Hope Hardwick is brave with his selections as we need to turn over some players and find some better skilled ones.

By mid year I'm hoping our line up looks something like this -

B. Grimes. Astbury. Broad.
HB. Houli. Vlastuin. Stack.
C. McIntosh. Martin. Edwards.
HF. Rioli. Riewoldt. Short.
FF. Caddy. Lynch. Higgins.
R. Nankervis. Cotchin. Lambert.
Int from. Balta. Ross. Prestia. Bolton. Grigg. Naish. CCJ. Baker.

Thats a good team imo and can be a real threat in September if it's well placed with some momentum.

This is a very strong side which definitely can challenge and i like their is no Castagna, Ellis and Butler. Short on the HFF with his booming kick would be a major asset plus he, Rioli and Higgins are all very skilled.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
French Tiger said:
I think that's why we were so successful with the surge it forward style of play, not much skill is required in chaotic type of play

And i think from that , its exposing a few players as being one trick ponies , they keep reverting back to that now , even when its not quite on

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
He coached 2017 team whilst under supervision & became a pop up premiership coach. Will still be a pop up coach if he cannot add another premiership to his bow.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hardwick will forever be the Premiership coach that broke a 37 year drought. He can coach clearly.
However if the players won't do what he asks anymore, then it's time to find new ones. Either that or eventually he'll be moved on for someone with fresh ideas.
That won't happen for a season or two yet so no point worrying about it too much atm.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It certainly will be an interesting year for Dimma. He was unable to stem the spiral in 2016, but took away some valuable lessons to build a premiership team.

You would think he would be well placed to address the current "mini crisis" before it spirals out of control. Although he is not helped by injuries to virtually every key player and his entire leadership group is now grounded. However he does now need to get the best out of every other player whom many are well below their best.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think other then Sydney , every team even the great Hawks and Cats have missed finals in the last 10 years while been in a very good era, bloody tough caper this AFL

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Shout out to Dimma - made the necessary change at quarter time to not give the Power the easy switch across the ground, and they were stumped.

And also putting Shedda to half back.

Kudos!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The Shane Edwards move to half back was one from left field. So far has paid dividends.