Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Todays odds,
10-1 the dog ate the game plan.
5-2 the dew
2-1 missing too many players
3-1 North had 76000 people in the back half.
1-1 we lost this on thurzdey night at selection

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great interview with Dimma this morning on SEN. It's not hard to work out why the players play for him.........a good guy.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Great interview with Dimma this morning on SEN. It's not hard to work out why the players play for him.........a good guy.

heard that this morning driving to work , refreshing honest interview

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Now to take form v 15, 16, 17 into the next bracket. Have only played one of top 8.
Two of the top 8; Scum and Saints.

But yes if you use the current ladder as a guide our fixture will be a lot harder in the run home. We probably won't win many games if we replicate form from our Sydney game. If we replicate and improve on form from the North game we should be okay.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We aren't firing on all cylinders kids.

*14th at keeping the ball in OUR 50.
1st last year.

*Efficiency inside 50 15th.
4th last year.

We have had a really soft draw in the last month. We need to improve and try to get back to our 2019 form.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

1st last year.

4th last year.

We have had a really soft draw in the last month. We need to improve and try to get back to our 2019 form.

Yeah, but last week was a step forward and we certainly have a higher ceiling than pretty much any other team.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

1st last year.

4th last year.

With half a team missing. I just hope we can keep expectations realistic (lol) given the many circumstances. If it turns into a good season that would be wonderful but as long as we get some growth from the younger guys and good effort every week, I'll be happy with that for this year.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Beat me to it Tigerman.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Saw Hardwick’s response to the 4 games in 16 days.

What a legend. Best attitude in the game.

Tactically, we‘ve probably had 2 or 3 extremely different matches that seemed effective against our gameplan. In some games we look elite at retaining I50, and in others we don’t - there isn’t a consistent trend, our ability to play our way looks a bit dependent on opposition tactics.

The positive is most clubs aren’t playing that way and their focus will shift to other things now, plus I think we’re in great shape psychologically compared to other clubs, so I’m very confident about this season. But our overall flag chances may require a tactical rebuttal that hasn’t been seen yet.

Overall, I’m expecting other clubs will end up obsessing over football too much while living in the hubs and fracture internally, while Dimma will force everyone to switch off, and that will eventually prove to be the difference.

Buckley in particular will struggle without unlimited access to the photocopy machines mid-week.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Meanwhile in Dimma's hub hotel room...

*Dimma's mobile phone rings*

Dimma: G'day, Damien speaking.
Nafe: Hi Dimma it's Nathan.
Dimma: Oh hi Nathan - I thought I'd blocked you.
Nafe: Yeah, Nah you did. So I got a new phone number.
Dimma: Great.
Nafe: Yeah. We can still be best buddies.
Dimma: Steady on Nathan. Anyway - How's the name change coming along?
Nafe: Not good. Mrs Buckley told me I couldn't change it. Was a very clear message at the dinner table can tell you! She prefers Nathan over Dimma for some reason!
Dimma: You are calling her Mrs Buckley now are you?
Nafe: Yeah - Great idea of mine. The media will love it!
Dimma: I'm sure they will. So why did you call me?
Nafe: Well I've lost my copy of Stronger and Bolder and we've got West Coast this weekend. You reckon you could send me your copy?
Dimma: Nathan - It's Thursday and you play on Sunday - No way the book would reach you in time.
Nafe: But I need a gameplan. Can you send me some pictures of the chapter where the Tigers played and beat West Coast last year?
Dimma: If I do, will you promise to stop calling me and asking for help with the Collingwood gameplan?
Nafe: Haha, Dimma. You're such a kidder.
Dimma: No, really, I'm not kidding.
Nafe: Ahahahaha - Good one! I'll need the pics before 5:00PM which is when match committee starts.
Dimma: Anything for a quiet life.
Nafe: Thanks Dimma. You're the best.
Dimma: See you Nathan.
*Dimma hangs up*
Nafe: Bye Dimma. Oh he's dropped out.
Dimma: *see's KMac*
Dimma: Hey KMac.
KMac: Yes coach?
Dimma: You got your welding textbooks with you?
KMac: Yep.
Dimma: Great. Can you take a photo of a few pages, three should do, and send them to this number *scribbles Nafe's number on a post it*
KMac: Can do Coach!
Dimma: Yep - And then I suggest you block that number.
KMac: Consider it done!
Dimma: Thanks.
KMac: *leaves*
Dimma: *Blocks Nafe's new number on his phone.*
Dimma: *Closes and locks front door of his hub hotel room*
Dimma: Mrs Hardwick?
Mrs Hardwick: Yes dear?
Dimma: How you doin'?
Mrs Hardwick: Ooooh - Damien. You're so cheeky!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
1595488068921.jpeg
in other news, Collingwood’s selected team for the West Coast game has just come in.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

1st last year.

4th last year.

The form line continues.
Has Hardwick ever had a plan B??
He struggles to make positional changes mid game.
The missing personnel wont help him this year.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Broad seemed to be on Greene a lot and Short for occasions. I know Hardwick likes the guys in position but Grimes should have been on Greene at all times

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Get Fly on the bench and let him coach the kids he's coached for most of their career, Dimma can tell him what to say, if he needs to, but let Fly talk to them and guide them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Make a call ffs
Playing players not right..lynch
Playing players badly out of form. Riewodlt.
Rewarding games to blokes that don't deliver. McIntosh and Rioli.
Bulter would be handy on the wing.
The players are down, but Hardwick has been out of form since the Collingwood game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
10 goals in last qtrs in 8 games.
Are we fit enough?
In 3 games we haven't scored a goal

• Wow