Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hardwick is a story teller. The players feed off this.

However the story is being written for him now.

The us vs them mentality has been perfectly handed to Hardwick. I have no doubt he will use it.

The group will tighten up even more. The inner sanctum will be impenetrable.

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

The us vs them mentality has been perfectly handed to Hardwick. I have no doubt he will use it.

Hope you are right Smoking.

We need some spark to ignite this playing group into fierce play the footy hard action led by Hardwick & Cotchin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I think it’s the opposite.... Hardwick and Cotchin mantra is it’s a game and should be fun... this year and these scenarios would be anything but... would be testing the culture and ethos to the limit

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I reckon he would be pacing the resort as we speak. If their was a media conference in the morning he might just tell the AFL to GAGF'd

Reactions: 2 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne

Spot on had similar thoughts (not to this extent) on my last post. Feel too it will galvanize the group further. Hope we win it all

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Our President is defending her man too on radio this morning.
As a club we've had a collective gut full of the OTT intense scrutiny of our club at a very difficult, unprecedented time.
The time for being nice, taking the high road & making apologies is over. Show a bit of respect & you might get a bit back.
If we want to win this flag again adopting an us vs them mentality might be just the ticket.

'It certainly has created some discussion, it’s created some fodder for all the talkback radio. But he’s really seriously protective of his players. He’s great about that, it’s one of his great strengths.

“Sometimes I think it’s a bit like family, we defend them in a pretty fierce way. We can criticise them but nobody else can.
I saw that David Schwarz came out and said it’s just a difference of opinion so I think we’ve stirred that pot long enough.”

As a club we've had a collective gut full of the OTT intense scrutiny of our club at a very difficult, unprecedented time.

Isn't it funny that the 4 clubs that have mostly paid their own way through this COVID *smile* are the ones that have had sustained bad press WC, Pies, Hawks and now us. You would think that the AFL would appreciate not having to fork out for them, but I guess they have to be careful of public perception, and if Twitter tweets and the comment blogs light up, they gotta go with the majority.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004

Pull the draw Bridge up.
Bolt all doors and windows.
Do the guaranteed interviews be circumspect, give them nothing.
Bunker down....it's time we ratchet up...

Reactions: 5 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I think it’s the opposite.... Hardwick and Cotchin mantra is it’s a game and should be fun... this year and these scenarios would be anything but... would be testing the culture and ethos to the limit
I expect they are having a good laugh about all the fuss made over our players and what they are doing on-field. The fines don't affect them much but if Lynch gets a week or two just watch their steely resolve in future games. They are a tight group, maybe no more Fox interviews and Jack should cancel his Tuesday spot for a while until they start giving fair treatment to all clubs.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Jack should *smile* SEN off they are NFG.
Dimma should close ranks *smile* off all media..

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He needs to "Graig Bellamy" the AFL..
He needs to unleash.
Question Christian!
Highlight Dixon's elbow
Highlight the 50 dives from Dangerfield

Call them out...

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hardwick should ring Ralph up and tell him to go and support GC.
What a weed. He goes onto Twitter to highlight the non incident and calls lynch 'a ratbag'.
Thats why i miss the 70's & 80's.
No social media
And 5 bloke writing on the footy.
And If it wasn't on club corner or Scotty Palmer Punchlines, you would NEVER hear about it.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hardwick should use all our draft picks to get Dangerfield, Murphy & Papley this year.
So in 2021 we can be the called the The Richmond Flippy floppers.