Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Dimma and co need to find a way to fix the entries into the forward 50. So many of the repeat entries in the second quarter were just long dump kicks to a crowded forward line. A lot of it might be missing players but we really need a better forward system and quality of entries. We need it quickly too or the season will slip away.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Dimma will have to be at his best with Doggies, Lions, Porters, Suns next four season defining games. Have to win at least three to stay in the hunt but the way Tigers are playing at the moment Dimma must get the big guns to fire.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Dimma has and will always back his players.
They have to do alot wrong for him not to play them.
Its time the players repaid Hardwick's faith in them with a good performance.
The media is just starting to circle.
Jonathon Brown has already written us off.
How nice would it be we beat the doggies and then finally show Brisbane what a top team looks like.
I haven't given up. We have enough quality to beat these sides.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I didn't think Hardwick had many tricks in his game plan.
But in the last 2 weeks he has been unbelievable.
Setting match up's perfectly.
Game style A1
Defensively A1
I thought early this year, he seemed lost without Carcella but he has proven me wrong.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Watched the presser.

Dimma is a class act. Proud that he is our coach.

Yep, agree. When it comes to the PR, media, supporting players etc etc etc, stuff - you can count his stuff ups on one hand.

Bucks tried his darnest to copy him, but he could only manage it for a year before he had to go play tennis

Reactions: 1 user

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
I didn't think Hardwick had many tricks in his game plan.
But in the last 2 weeks he has been unbelievable.
Setting match up's perfectly.
Game style A1
Defensively A1
I thought early this year, he seemed lost without Carcella but he has proven me wrong.

I think his biggest flaw is as a game day coach. Not sure he deals with change midgame that well.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think his biggest flaw is as a game day coach. Not sure he deals with change midgame that well.

It seems from the outside, he is controlling the game more.
In the first 10 minutes Brisbane were squirting through the middle, but to Hardwick's credit he didn't wait till qtr time to change things up.
He stopped it with 8 minutes to go in the qtr.
He is coaching much better. He isnt so reliant on the senior player's like he use to be.
He gives big jobs to the kids now.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Think he should re assess Pickett as not quite ready for a full season of AFl given that he has only had one disrupted pre season under his belt.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Whatever you think about Hardwick’s choice of words yesterday, can guarantee Tom Lynch & the rest of the playing group will be walking a bit taller today knowing their coach has their back. No wonder they love him.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Our President is defending her man too on radio this morning.
As a club we've had a collective gut full of the OTT intense scrutiny of our club at a very difficult, unprecedented time.
The time for being nice, taking the high road & making apologies is over. Show a bit of respect & you might get a bit back.
If we want to win this flag again adopting an us vs them mentality might be just the ticket.

'It certainly has created some discussion, it’s created some fodder for all the talkback radio. But he’s really seriously protective of his players. He’s great about that, it’s one of his great strengths.

“Sometimes I think it’s a bit like family, we defend them in a pretty fierce way. We can criticise them but nobody else can.
I saw that David Schwarz came out and said it’s just a difference of opinion so I think we’ve stirred that pot long enough.”

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Whether you like Dimma's comments or not, it has shifted the focus away from Lynch. Think maybe that might have been part of the reason for making those comments?

I reckon he cracked it a bit (justified too), but also knows the value of deflecting some of the attention onto himself - partly pre-conceived and partly frustration I reckon.

I did particularly like the comment about how the media keep focusing on Richmond players. I know I see this more because I am a Richmond supporter but after all the recent press coverage it would be nice to get a bit of a break from all the s*** we cop.

DS

Reactions: 1 users