Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
A dreadful piece by Caro on several levels.

1. very old news that been laid on the table by the proponents, and publicly dealt with.
2. passing judgement on other peoples relationships is foolish and fraught.
3. tarnished his legacy and leadership? FFS.

its a poorly constructed moral opinion piece that reads like she drank too many mojitos over summer, and had nothing whatsoever to write about when she came back
Yeh, I think it’s possibly the worst piece she’s ever written and it’s a pretty big field. Not sure if she’s a closet nun? A feminist?
One things for sure she’s happy to judge on all sorts of levels armed with what I imagine is second and third hand information.

Reactions: 3 users

russelb37

Tiger Cub
Feb 1, 2008
Caro’s article was so on the nose its not funny. 2 sides to every story and im pretty sure she doesnt know either of them!
Trying to sell papers and come across like a new age PC feminist lefty just like all her colleague news reporters at the Age.
Lets hope that the players understand that things happen, Dimma is a human and is now in a happier place AND they go on to win another flag to continue this tiger dynasty!
Oh and nothing at Richmond is ‘tarnished’ by this! Geezaz!
Get a life Caro you miserable person!

Reactions: 1 users

russelb37

Tiger Cub
Feb 1, 2008
Caro’s article was so on the nose its not funny. 2 sides to every story and im pretty sure she doesnt know either of them!
Trying to sell papers and come across like a new age PC feminist lefty just like all her colleague news reporters at the Age.
Lets hope that the players understand that things happen, Dimma is a human and is now in a happier place AND they go on to win another flag to continue this tiger dynasty!
Oh and nothing at Richmond is ‘tarnished’ by this! Geezaz!
Get a life Caro you miserable person!
And for good measure i really take offense to this article, especially disappointing coming from a supposed Richmond person. How dare she try to cast a stain upon tiger success that has been a long time coming for real Richmond people!

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
She's back from her holidays.
She rarely does pieces over the Xmas period.
All that time she had to delve into the back story, get her contacts to spill.
Lame article that is now old news, there is more stories brewing that will unfold over the few weeks.
I was told from someone within the tigers that they have reduced media engagement since the Dimma expose.
Interesting there is upcoming fan engagement events with coach and Capt.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Who am i to judge - i have never cheated on my wife. My wife is an alcoholic- what was once a very good marriage is just a shell. Do you stay or go? I really have no idea tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

russelb37

Tiger Cub
Feb 1, 2008
Who am i to judge - i have never cheated on my wife. My wife is an alcoholic- what was once a very good marriage is just a shell. Do you stay or go? I really have no idea tbh.
Mine was just a shell for different reasons. I never cheated but after a long time I decided to go. Its a personal choice you have to make - accept life as it is or change it

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Time to draw a line under this story. He has made a mistake that has family ramifications that do not affect us so lets all move on. Remember Dimma is probably the best coach of all time for the Tigers (I am not getting into the Hafey argument) and certainly the best of the current crop of AFL coaches so lets get behind him as he coaches us to our threepeat

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Time to draw a line under this story. He has made a mistake that has family ramifications that do not affect us so lets all move on. Remember Dimma is probably the best coach of all time for the Tigers (I am not getting into the Hafey argument) and certainly the best of the current crop of AFL coaches so lets get behind him as he coaches us to our threepeat

I would disagree on Hafey, but then I consider being mentioned in the same conversation as Hafey is very high praise. Dimma took a team which had been in the doldrums for so long and, yes it took time, but he got us to the promised land. Will always be a legend at Richmond.

As for this story, couldn't agree more, the club is no doubt dealing with this and while it will make some news, most likely when the season gets underway, I see little point in debating the finer points.

DS

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Commercial hotel advertising dimma, cotch & the cups this friday 5/2 cant be that much animosity

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Last year when it was open season on Lynch, Ox joined the bandwagon, so Dimma defended Lynchy. He well and truly put Ox back in his box, saying that he played in a Grand Final against Ox and that within 20 minutes Ox was crying.
Thanks tigerman.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I would disagree on Hafey, but then I consider being mentioned in the same conversation as Hafey is very high praise. Dimma took a team which had been in the doldrums for so long and, yes it took time, but he got us to the promised land. Will always be a legend at Richmond.

As for this story, couldn't agree more, the club is no doubt dealing with this and while it will make some news, most likely when the season gets underway, I see little point in debating the finer points.

DS
I only became a Tiger in 2000 so never had the privilege of watching a Hafey Tiger team in action live so this why I wanted to avoid a comparison. Since I found the game I have watched some good managers across the AFL and Dimma is head on shoulders above them all especially in man management.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I only became a Tiger in 2000 so never had the privilege of watching a Hafey Tiger team in action live so this why I wanted to avoid a comparison. Since I found the game I have watched some good managers across the AFL and Dimma is head on shoulders above them all especially in man management.

Also very hard to compare. It was a very different time and players were part time, holding down a job outside of football.

DImma is very good and 3 flags is stunning. I never agreed with Hafey not getting the support to stay on and reckon we would have won more flags with him at the helm. If Dimma can equal Hafey's 4 flags and even go further I would be rapt. They're both legends of the club.

DS

Reactions: 2 users