HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

HOW ARE YOU ALL COPING?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I’ve had to cancel flights from Qantas, Virgin and Tiger. Tiger gave me a credit voucher straight away. Qantas buggered it up and I had to call them to fix it. Virgin emailed me yesterday and said my flight is yet to be processed and asked for my patience (although it has only been 8 days).

I've also had to cancel 2 hotels, both booked via Agoda. They were originally non-refundable. One gave me a refund straight away. the second hotel is refusing to refund me or give me credit. they have only offered me to re-book for a new date... problem is that I don’t know when I am going back to Adelaide next (unlikely to be this year).

I have also refunded the Faith No More concert in Adelaide. Still waiting the money. it’s made trickier by the fact I had to cancel my credit card last week.

Tricky times indeed Ian. Some businesses are more caring and willing to help than some others.

Another thought. Has anyone read or heard anywhere where any of the churches have helped out financially to those in need?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Having said that, the old Australia way, was "don't dob in your mate." Maybe this isolation bit is making me paranoid??

Yeah but there was never anything said about not dobbing in entitled, self obsessed, selfish *smile* that think the rules don't apply to them. I have absolutely zero issue with these people copping it; no excuses.

If everyone makes the sacrifice for the greater good we will keep this thing contained and life will resemble some form of normality sooner than we would have thought possible.

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Music is magical and soothes the soul.

Yes @DavidSSS ya right about that..... not sure I'd survive without youtube... been great revisiting my favourite tribute of all time, Concert for George.
I get that some people don't even like the Beatles, but if you wanna watch a couple of great compositions, performed by some musical legends. ..... stick your headphones on and listen to these!

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Just dusted the cobwebs off the old Commodore 64 and Nintendo.

Brings back good memories

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah but there was never anything said about not dobbing in entitled, self obsessed, selfish ******** that think the rules don't apply to them. I have absolutely zero issue with these people copping it; no excuses.

If everyone makes the sacrifice for the greater good we will keep this thing contained and life will resemble some form of normality sooner than we would have thought possible.
The people who ignore social distancing might change their ways if they were made to watch a video of people taking their last breath.

It must be devastating for husbands, wives, parents, children and friends to be unable to sit and hold their loved ones hand while they die.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Just dusted the cobwebs off the old Commodore 64 and Nintendo.

Brings back good memories
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I had an Kingswood when I was young.
A big old roller that turned like a battleship and took in even more water.
Later on I went Japanese and got a Subiroo. Good times.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I had an Kingswood when I was young.
A big old roller that turned like a battleship and took in even more water.
Later on I went Japanese and got a Subiroo. Good times.
Yeah!! The old Commodore 64 computer an 8 bit released in 1984 I think. Nothing like the ones of today and probably into the future either.

Had some fun on it though.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Its been years since I've been able to save so much. I p!ss so much money on the wall on the weekend its a joke. no going to the pubs or footy, I’ve had to cancel a couple of weekends away interstate and getting that money returned. My trip to Europe in July won't go ahead, but the missus and I are considering going for longer next year instead. I'm even considering increasing my mortgage repayments.

as i'm still working at my regular site, I've gone the opposite way. my morning commute has gone from 30 minutes to 15 minutes, giving me time to stop at my local to buy a coffee and help the local business. I usually have Nespresso coffee at work, so its brilliant to get my barista made 3 shot flat white.
3 shots? Might be THE cure.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The people who ignore social distancing might change their ways if they were made to watch a video of people taking their last breath.

It must be devastating for husbands, wives, parents, children and friends to be unable to sit and hold their loved ones hand while they die.
Not just those with COVId that are dieing without family... Aged Care centres here in lock down, no visitors. Not sure what rules are in general hospital wards.

• Sad

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I was a bit bored at home with this continued house isolation in UK so watched the Carlton match again (third time) on Watch AFL. The thought struck me during the game was at Richmond's last game in 2019 they had 100000 people watching and at the first game in 2020 they had 0. That is surreal

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Been in isolation now for over 4 weeks and the days and weeks are flying by. Bit like groundhog day where each day is pretty much the same as the previous.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Ive really upped my physical exercise , been going for hard physical mountain bike rides early in the morning through the bush alone with heaps of hill climbing that leaves me really knackered and content to sit around at home for a few hours reading or watching TV ,

Training kettlebells and bands at home in the arvo plus odd jobs around the house ,

Totally obeying all the social distancing rules ,

The key for me is to try and find positive things to do , minimising the amount of commercial media i watch or listen to , not a fan ,

Watch a lot of stuff I like on you tube on the TV , podcats , docos, music clips etc

Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Ive really upped my physical exercise , been going for hard physical mountain bike rides early in the morning through the bush alone with heaps of hill climbing that leaves me really knackered and content to sit around at home for a few hours reading or watching TV ,

Training kettlebells and bands at home in the arvo plus odd jobs around the house ,

The key for me is to try and find positive things to do , minimising the amount of commercial media i watch or listen to , not a fan ,

Watch a lot of stuff I like on you tube on the TV , podcats , docos, music clips etc

Great stuff Kiwi.

That’s the key. Exercise.

Any form!
We are allowed to exercise.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Have you lost your job or retired?
I missed out on the panic buying of home gym weights so I go around to my parents house 150 m away ( dad long gone, mum in aged care) and improvise using stuff in my old mans garage. Tool boxes as alternative to Dumbbells...just add more wrenches and hammers as required.
Haven't been able to improvise a band though..

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Looks like almost all are coping well.

What did concern a bit was the report this morning of all the dobbing in of those flouting the distancing laws.

Look, I understand how serious the virus is and know that the distancing law is to help stop the spreading of the virus.

Having said that, the old Australia way, was "don't dob in your mate." Maybe this isolation bit is making me paranoid??

Some times I think we are starting to live in a police state.

Must add here that wife and I are obeying the laws and staying home.

Cancelled our holiday to the Sunshine Coast, which we have done for many years now. Hope we get an airfare refund from Virgin, but doubt it.

Find it strange that Coles do not do home deliveries here in Shepparton. We are able to do this through Woollies though.

My comments for the day.

Stay well everyone.
You’re assuming they were mates

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I missed out on the panic buying of home gym weights so I go around to my parents house 150 m away ( dad long gone, mum in aged care) and improvise using stuff in my old mans garage. Tool boxes as alternative to Dumbbells...just add more wrenches and hammers as required.
I bought a home gym for the missus and young bloke a couple of years ago. I hadn’t bothered using it, have been happy to walk the hound every day.
I’m still walking the dog, but have started using the home gym as soon a I get back home. They’ve got all day to use the bloody gym, but no, they want to start using it when I do :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
**** the home isolation ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

I’m a self employed tradie , residential work, , it’s died in the a*** with the current situation , , very quiet , but with the job keeper help coming , and the wife still working , we should be ok ,

I can recommend bands ,you can get a good set for around 80- 100 bucks online , and there are plenty of good you tube videos demonstrating how to use them .

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Have a look at these workouts from my local crossfit on instagram. Don't get put off by hand stands pushups for example as there are scaling options if you can't do them. No equipment necessary but you're sure to feel it afterwards. Good instructors and exercises.
Arena Crossfit Online Workouts