How long before the game is call off? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How long before the game is call off?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im looking forward to seeing who is crowned the hemi-minor premiers tonight.

bont is the best of all time, and greg stafford is the new ivan maric

they say

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This means we can't go to Adelaide and the Crows can't go to Victoria unless they want to quarantine for 14 days afterwards.
Yeah but Crows fans would presumably jump at the chance to attend an extra game at home, especially after last week's thrilling umpire-assisted win against the top side. And they'd all have to pay.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Are we reading anything into the AFL giving us the chance to move our game interstate where we can still draw a crowd and make some money, while other Melbourne clubs are left to play in empty grounds?

Does the pro-Richmond AFL conspiracy have some merit? :peepwall
Nah - more to do with Adelaide not allowed into Vic and the AFL requiring to play games under the TV rights deal

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Are we reading anything into the AFL giving us the chance to move our game interstate where we can still draw a crowd and make some money, while other Melbourne clubs are left to play in empty grounds?

Does the pro-Richmond AFL conspiracy have some merit? :peepwall
It's probably the best decision in the circumstances. But who knows what input RFC had? Maybe Benny had input to prefer Metricon where we have a good record.
But 'draw a crowd' and 'make some money'? You're having a lend, TBR. A foreign team playing there on very short notice? Even though we have followers everywhere, unlikely to clear any profit I'd say.

Then there was the forced MS HG, the generous donation from poor Shai along with that inexplicable free kick constant differential. I could go on but 'pro-Richmond AFL conspiracy' ?
Please.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah but Crows fans would presumably jump at the chance to attend an extra game at home, especially after last week's thrilling umpire-assisted win against the top side. And they'd all have to pay.

Seems workable, suggest it to the AFL and wait for the laughter

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Of course I am, I'm just demonstrating that you can make a case to suit whatever bias you choose to see.

That's why as Richmond people go harder on the AFL against us, other supporters go harder on the AFL favours us.
Right. Go to twitter and facebook and the consensus from oppo fans is that we are the AFL's love child, they wanted us to win flags to increase revenues and that's why we get long runs of home games at the G, we get Lynch through free agency because the AFL wanted it that way, dusty never gets free kicks against and holds the ball all the time, Edwards throws the ball, Cotchin should have missed the 2017 GF, etc etc etc. Also we are dirty and violent cheats.

All clearly ridiculous but on the similar level to the echo chamber here, just the reverse opinion.

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Of course I am, I'm just demonstrating that you can make a case to suit whatever bias you choose to see.

That's why as Richmond people go harder on the AFL against us, other supporters go harder on the AFL favours us.
And I see that, but there are definitely anomalies in the almost constantly negative free-kick count against RFC. If umpiring was truly objective, that is statistically inexplicable.
I just googled foul count stats for the NBA out of interest. Have only had a glance; no in-depth study. But look remarkably more like what you would expect in any elite professional sport, with only relatively limited/narrow deviations:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
That doesn't make sense though Leon. If the umpires are truly objective then they are paying the correct free kicks when they occur, regardless of which team it is.

If one team tackles high 6 times and the other team tackles correctly then they will be 6-0 in free kicks. That's got nothing to do with objective umpiring. It also stands to reason that teams are going to be consistent in the traits they display from week to week.

After watching games closely I'd characterise our main free kick against causes as being a) deliberately manipulating the play, b) being overly aggressive in our attack on the player, c) attacking intent with the ball and to a lesser extent being undersized/inexperienced in contests.
Will get back to you; gotta go and do some actual work but only partially agree.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
And I see that, but there are definitely anomalies in the almost constantly negative free-kick count against RFC. If umpiring was truly objective, that is statistically inexplicable.
I just googled foul count stats for the NBA out of interest. Have only had a glance; no in-depth study. But look remarkably more like what you would expect in any elite professional sport, with only relatively limited/narrow deviations:

Not so.

Personal fouls table NBA. Wizards incurred 1555 fouls, Orlando 1237. So Orlando incurred 79% of personal fouls that the Wizards did.

1622176207535.png

Free kicks AFL (to round 8, SEN). 134 frees against (dogs) vs 179 frees against (Rich), Footscray gave away 74% of free kicks that Richmond did. Pretty similar.

I can't see where the NBA keeps fouls incurred vs fouls against (differential) over the season, not sure if they keep that data.

1622177230749.png

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
View attachment 12319

100% spot Victoria no idea.

absolutely laughable. NSW only escaped a second wave last winter out of pure luck (they were on the brink of falling off the cliff in early August, when we were getting 700 cases per day). Then over Xmas, they are too slow to act, forcing other states to shut their borders, ruining Xmas holidays for thousands of families (not to mention the affects on sporting events). And don’t even get me started on the corruption the Liberals always seem to get away with.

Why don’t we stop the return of those selfish ‘Australians’ who want to leave our shores for various reasons and then cry fowl when something goes amiss overseas and demand to return back to Australia potentially threatening our lives, economy and even the football with a deadly disease that they may now carry.

I don’t disagree with this, but I also do not believe we should ban Australian citizens from returning like they recently did with citizens in India.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I don’t disagree with this, but I also do not believe we should ban Australian citizens from returning like they recently did with citizens in India.
Maybe a better job at quartine would have helped

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Why hasn't a single journalist asked how many cases of Flu we've had this year (and how many deaths!!)
A quick google says the US had about 20k deaths from the flu in 2019, and in under 2 years and many lockdowns/restrictions etc have had 720k deaths from Covid in under 2 years.
and the flu kills somewhere between 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year and Covid has killed about 3.5million in under 2 years, again despite all the restrictions in place around the world.
but i am sure those numbers are a beat up.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Agreed. I think some other states have proposed their own Quarantine facility build too: I believe Anna in Qld proposed mining camp, then Toowoomba. SA also a mining camp I think which has since been used for fruit-pickers, and WA might have had an idea too.

The Toowoomba idea was a case in point. Morrison knocked it as lacking medical infrastructure etc. But five hospitals in the surrounding area, plus an international airport which takes cargo planes I believe.

Of course, not called out on these fallacies by 100% Murdoch-owned media in Qld!
Why don't Fairfax have a paper in Qld? And would have thought ABC would get plenty of listeners and viewers in the most decentralised state in the nation.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe a better job at quartine would have helped

I've always wondered why they continue to stick with 14 days. I'd like to see an extra half week added (17 or 18 days). I believe Hong Kong does 21 days.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I fear for Gladys unknowingly rooting another corrupt politician/developer and letting slip ecstatic state secrets that are pretty easy to profit from, at the publics expense
Ms Opposition Leader not up for the fight and has thrown in her towel. Would have thought Gladys was out on her feet with all these scandals but Opposition can't lay a glove on her. Why?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I'm in the US. Ive been fully vaccinated for a while now, and I can't come into Australia? Laughable. Get the supply - there's plenty here if the Aussie government went cap in hand to the US government and made it so.
I'm planning a trip to Europe shortly and plenty of others are. The borders will be open before we know it - and at that time Australia will miss the biggest single tourist rush in history.
How the world turns. Six months ago we were the envy of the world and the US and UK well you would laugh if it wasn't so serious. Now it's all the way with the JB and BJ and we resume our place as a minor player on the world stage.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ms Opposition Leader not up for the fight and has thrown in her towel. Would have thought Gladys was out on her feet with all these scandals but Opposition can't lay a glove on her. Why?

1. Murdoch
2. Murdoch, and
3. Murdoch

the Daily Telegraph has a giant bucket of puss on the front page every single day

and theres 2GB. I assume Murdoch owns them?

John Barrilaro is an unlikeable idiot *smile*. Kotton, Koal and Kill Koalas party. wins a byelection.

But again. Labor didnt differentiate themselves, they ran a Coal Miner, with a moronic simplistic message, as a Candidate

'stop vilifying coal miners' ..... ive never heard anyone vilify a coal miner, ever. Just their rich *smile* bosses in suits

pissweak, unsophisticated opposition.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
1. Murdoch
2. Murdoch, and
3. Murdoch
It could be pure incompetence as well. Look at Victoria, despite an aggressive orchestrated campaign against the Government by Murdoch's media outlets, the opposition is as good as non-existent.