I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Self explanatory.
Hate it, Just Hate it.

I guess it has really hit home this Year.
I (we) got pretty used to seeing us contending there at various stages.. (Sorry had to throw that in!)

Players get paid well and what is their prize for failure?
They get to hit the Beers early (Dan style).

Yes, I hear you, we won 3 Flags in 4 Years.. just shut up and cop it sweet.
Irks me just the same.
Guess I wasn't expecting us to win each Year but didn't envisage this dramatic drop off either.

Also annoying seeing all the other sides kiss each other on the kock and talk up their chances.
8 Grand Finalists at the moment.
All the media stories.
Queueing up for Finals tix.
Yuck. Yuck. Spew.

Got excited last night on the sports news.
Jackmond was at a Spring racing Carnival gig.
Fridge, BallsBaker, and Boobsy were also there.
So sad it has come to this.

Who to follow.
Don't want any of Coll, Bris, Melb, Carlscum, Wossy, Syd A Knee winning.
Leaves Port and GWS.
Oh yeah, just remembered, I hate Port too.

I guess that leaves Kingsley (he would have made a good coach at Rfc I reckon) and Toby Greene.
Great footballer.

Go Giants.
(Maybe Delids can get his GF day where he doesn't have to go to the zoo).

Tiges, My beloved Tiges,
Get yourselves sorted out and start contending, winning, lap of honoring, Norm Smithing, cupping (except You, Boobsy!), celebrating, Please!

Did I mention I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
I forgot how much of a thrill (and pain) it was getting finals tickets, but was reminded of it all too well today.

Got through unscathed. Bring on next Friday!

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What date is the 12 month anniversary of the " ARC robbery at the Gabba" ?

I will light a candle that day

Reactions: 5 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Agreed. It reminds me of those 35 odds years in the wilderness where we rarely played finals. I used to go on regular September holidays ...I hope that the RFC can stop me from ever doing that again!

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its not too bad if you have draft picks ....sadly we dont have any of those either.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Just flicked over to the AFLW...

It's such a shame to see what's become of Princes Park. The place used to be f*****g magic. A real suburban home. Now it's a soulless oval with sterile, ugly-looking buildings largely surrounding it.

The real shame is, had the right investments and decisions been made, it could have been done up properly and still been used as an AFL venue, and the club’s home ground of more than 100 years could have continued.

I f*****g hate it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just flicked over to the AFLW...

It's such a shame to see what's become of Princes Park. The place used to be f*****g magic. A real suburban home. Now it's a soulless oval with sterile, ugly-looking buildings largely surrounding it.

The real shame is, had the right investments and decisions been made, it could have been done up properly and still been used as an AFL venue, and the club’s home ground of more than 100 years could have continued.

I f*****g hate it.
Agree. Puke-On Park looks like a ghetto now. Gone are the days of standing under the scoreboard end with all the ferals yelling out with their smoke and beer breaths......"Marcou you wuss!!!" ...."Baaaaaaaaaaaallllll....bloody maggot!!!"

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Agree. Puke-On Park looks like a ghetto now. Gone are the days of standing under the scoreboard end with all the ferals yelling out with their smoke and beer breaths......"Marcou you wuss!!!" ...."Baaaaaaaaaaaallllll....bloody maggot!!!"
I particularly miss the smelly toilets, they were an absolute delight.
The old suburban grounds have great memories for me and for many people but we tend to forget how *smile* the facilities were

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Melb womens have hit their leading forwards lace out about ten times that Q. Literally about ten times. Did we do that ten times all year?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Melb womens have hit their leading forwards lace out about ten times that Q. Literally about ten times. Did we do that ten times all year?
When was the last time our forwards led out? They've engaged n grappled for most of the last seven seasons, worked pretty well for a while there, but even the numpties worked it out eventually.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I particularly miss the smelly toilets, they were an absolute delight.
The old suburban grounds have great memories for me and for many people but we tend to forget how *smile* the facilities were
Call me soft but I never used the dunnies at other grounds....maybe a few times at the G, but not other grounds. Not even Waverley. I just kept my tank until I got home or to a pub and then let it all out.....aaaaahhhhh!!!!

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I just kept my tank until I got home or to a pub and then let it all out.....aaaaahhhhh!!!!
Ahhh the good old days of the cast iron bladder. Sucks getting old n pouring one pint in n two pints out, buggered if I can figure out how I gotta pee twice as much as I can sip.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ahhh the good old days of the cast iron bladder. Sucks getting old n pouring one pint in n two pints out, buggered if I can figure out how I gotta pee twice as much as I can sip.
Yeah, only able in the younger years Maso. Not anymore. Probably wasn't right to do healthwise, but geez it felt good...:))

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Call me soft but I never used the dunnies at other grounds....maybe a few times at the G, but not other grounds. Not even Waverley. I just kept my tank until I got home or to a pub and then let it all out.....aaaaahhhhh!!!!
adding to what I said above. Another reason was too many people around during the breaks and as you stood close to each other, some half-drunk d-heads sprayed their p!ss up and around like a sprinkler.

• Haha