I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending.

Ahhh the good old days of the cast iron bladder. Sucks getting old n pouring one pint in n two pints out, buggered if I can figure out how I gotta pee twice as much as I can sip.
My friends used to call me Kieran (for Perkins, the superfish). I could take in heaps and not get inebriated or expel much out during the night.
Now, a couple of glasses of wine and I've got a headache for 3 days. And yes, your scenario has an air of familiarity to it as well. I miss the good ol days. Although my insides are probably celebrating.

I heard on tripple m that Dan Richardson is going to be offered a role in the AFL footy dept, hopefully away from umpires but one thing is for sure he will stuff up whatever he touches

Reactions: 1 users
I heard on tripple m that Dan Richardson is going to be offered a role in the AFL footy dept, hopefully away from umpires but one thing is for sure he will stuff up whatever he touches
I hope he’s in charge of catering

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I particularly miss the smelly toilets, they were an absolute delight.
The old suburban grounds have great memories for me and for many people but we tend to forget how *smile* the facilities were

The old dunnies behind the scoreboard at Princes Park, I can vividly remember 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 time the floor was inches deep & overflow running out on the ground behind them. Very disturbing for a 6,7,8 year old kid. The smell was pretty overpowering as well.

The old dunnies behind the scoreboard at Princes Park, I can vividly remember 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 time the floor was inches deep & overflow running out on the ground behind them. Very disturbing for a 6,7,8 year old kid. The smell was pretty overpowering as well.
Not unlike the old urinals on The Hill at the SCG. Made an impression on me as a nipper I can tell you.

Ahhh the good old days of the cast iron bladder. Sucks getting old n pouring one pint in n two pints out, buggered if I can figure out how I gotta pee twice as much as I can sip.
If you are passing blood see a doctor otherwise maybe short term memory or maybe an inflated view of your actual bladders’ capacity? Pissbag discombobulaton syndrome.

Yep, that’s my memory of Princes Park 😂

• Haha
Yep, that’s my memory of Princes Park 😂
The urinals at the Barkley Street end at the Western Oval were something else. Pitch dark with the concrete ceiling almost touching the top of your head.

If you are passing blood see a doctor otherwise maybe short term memory or maybe an inflated view of your actual bladders’ capacity? Pissbag discombobulaton syndrome.
Nah. Reckon it's just old age n the spring seal on the tank is just a bit perished n lacking some torsion. Tank gets to half full n it's gotta be emptied before the pressure overloads the seal n starts leaking.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Dan must have a Boys Club membership.

Anyways this pre finals bye can get in the bin. The whole season loses momentum.

Dan must have a Boys Club membership.

Anyways this pre finals bye can get in the bin. The whole season loses momentum.
I hate the weekend without AFL footy but I reckon the players would appreciate the break leading into finals. It’s a damn long season.

Rock Hudson, everything he touches he *smile*.

Will never forget the wafting smell of p1ss up that end of the ground prior to the big revamp in the late '90s. Who ever thought I'd miss that! :LOL:

• Haha
I don't mind the bye leading into finals - these days there's simply too much footy and too much footy news, and it's nice to have a break from it all.

Time perhaps to introduce two bye weeks during the year where all teams have the bye - this H&A season really dragged, and at times the quality suffered.

Why am I not surprised?
Adelaide’s Josh Rachele was the most cited player of the year as Richmond racked up the most games of suspension during the home and away campaign.

• Sad
  • Wow
Why am I not surprised?
Adelaide’s Josh Rachele was the most cited player of the year as Richmond racked up the most games of suspension during the home and away campaign.

Rachele needs to sort his head out. He really lost the plot against GWS.

Nah. Reckon it's just old age n the spring seal on the tank is just a bit perished n lacking some torsion. Tank gets to half full n it's gotta be emptied before the pressure overloads the seal n starts leaking.
It sounds like natures gift to us old men, an enlarged prostate causing most of the problem. The fickle finger of fate examination by a doctor will confirm it