I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I hate this time of Year...When you are not contending.

Will never forget the wafting smell of p1ss up that end of the ground prior to the big revamp in the late '90s. Who ever thought I'd miss that! :LOL:
The days of Bosustow, the "Dominator", Doull, Wow Jones, and Kenny Hunter , Jimmy Buckley, Harmes and Ashman sending the Blue bagger hoards into rapture at Princes Park.

Hated the Blues venomously then even as a kid as they were our nemesis, and most dominant enemy, but they were the magic days of footy.

The Animal enclosure at Moorabin, the feral hoards at Vic Park, and in the surrounds of the ground, the outer at Windy Hill in front of the Bowling Club, the walk from the station to the Western Oval and the relative ignominy of Arden Street and the day trip to Kardinia Park, and of course the "Peanut Man"!!!

Every ground had its own vibe its own story for the day ...looks like most memories of Pissness Park were of the Dunnies :mhihi

Zips Tips
Go Melbourne u useless bastards
Go Sydney u useless pricks
Go GWS u Underachieving flogs
Go Brisbane u over hyped bag of shitt

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds like natures gift to us old men, an enlarged prostate causing most of the problem. The fickle finger of fate examination by a doctor will confirm it
Been there done that. Had a rebore just for fun at Easter. Solved the low pressure, slow flow, struggle to empty the tank issue. Different issue to the tank only seems to carry half full capacity before the drain needs to be opened.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
and of course the "Peanut Man"!!!
Gawd who could ever forget the Peanut Man at the G. Just imagine someone trying that these days. Just so much anal restricted rules n regulations now it could never exist again in Oz.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
This possibility for me could be the worse final series in 50 yrs.
I hate 7 of the top 8 and don't like the 8th side.
Collingwood and McCrae are getting me really angry 'let's paint the town black and white' McCrae.
Carlton 'that's the way we like to play, hard and combative" Carlton's captain.
Melbourne 'we believe and trust that our best is hard to beat' lever.

What's stkilda doing in the 8? Seriously just proves shitt sides can make the 8.
Imagine playing Brisbane on the G on the last day in September. Just engrave the cup now.
Gws don't want to win a flag just yet, who are they going to celebrate with?? Imagine the lap of honour. No one in the stadium.
And then you have Sydney or should I call them AFC the Academy football club.
Jurnos slap them silly, "oh Sydney never rebuild, they never tank, they never fall to the bottom. It helps when you have a choice of 5000 kids playing the game in the most populate state in the country.
Did they get Mills, Heeney, Gulden, from Dandenong??
Is Qantas still flying?? What's the cheapest ticket out here in 2 weeks time.
Imagine smily holding up the cup? He will do my head in:vomit:vomit:vomit

Last edited:
  • Love
This could be the most boring off-season in the history of off-seasons. Is there a history of off seasons ? I dunno, but this one’s gonna be a snoozer.

Mabior Chol….heh heh heh…endless hypothetical piffle about an uninspiring short list of new head coaches ….or Dusty going or staying yet again…first draft pick won’t be until around 25-30….little to no action on the trade front…..FMD we’ve even resurrected the ARC thread.

Add a bunch of “least of the worst” finals teams that everybody hates and it’s one big siesta.

Thank goodness for beer, racing and overseas sports because the Australian sporting Abyss is already upon us !

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I usually love this time of year, even if Richmond are not in finals. its the end of winter and the A-League is about to start. I don't have the A-League anymore, but I will get to spend a lot of the coming months in paradise (the Mornington Peninsula).

Time perhaps to introduce two bye weeks during the year where all teams have the bye - this H&A season really dragged, and at times the quality suffered.

Thanks to Gather Round. The footy season is at least a good month too long.

As Long as the Flagpies fall over I really couldnt give a f@#$

i would rather Collingwood win than Brisbane.

i would rather Collingwood win than Brisbane.
See Bin Man....that's what this year has come to. My point entirely. So disappointing.

Note to @Mopsy. Lets get that NFL tipping comp up and running and give us some form of entertainment. I doubt anyone will beat me for the 2023-24 MoopsClelland Trophy but it'll at least keep us occupied. Go Moops !

This could be the most boring off-season in the history of off-seasons. Is there a history of off seasons ? I dunno, but this one’s gonna be a snoozer.

Mabior Chol….heh heh heh…endless hypothetical piffle about an uninspiring short list of new head coaches ….or Dusty going or staying yet again…first draft pick won’t be until around 25-30….little to no action on the trade front…..FMD we’ve even resurrected the ARC thread.

Add a bunch of “least of the worst” finals teams that everybody hates and it’s one big siesta.

Thank goodness for beer, racing and overseas sports because the Australian sporting Abyss is already upon us !
It already feels flat even with the finals. Maybe that changes but there isn't real finals buzz in the CBD or among the general public.

Really weird vibe to AFL right now. No big trades forthcoming, a draft that is only 50 picks deep and a coaching search with not a lot to get excited over.

Longest off-season ever incoming. NBA, NBL, EPL, NFL, books, movies and sun.

It already feels flat even with the finals. Maybe that changes but there isn't real finals buzz in the CBD or among the general public.

Really weird vibe to AFL right now. No big trades forthcoming, a draft that is only 50 picks deep and a coaching search with not a lot to get excited over.

Longest off-season ever incoming. NBA, NBL, EPL, NFL, books, movies and sun.
Totally agree Scoopy Doo. It's the flattest finals period (so far) that I can recall. Maybe it'll fire up a bit later, but right now I reckon its a least worst situation amongst them all. There's massive holes in each of the top 4 teams and most people can't stand any of that top 4 either. I know I don't and I couldn't care less who wins.

Maybe our AFLW team will give us a little bit of a footy hit.

But yeah NFL and get outside from this crumby Melbourne winter.

Note to @Mopsy. Lets get that NFL tipping comp up and running and give us some form of entertainment. I doubt anyone will beat me for the 2023-24 MoopsClelland Trophy but it'll at least keep us occupied. Go Moops !

Patience Redhopper, games will be posted 48 hours from now.

Doubt you will do any good this year, too busy brawling with your old sparring partner @Ridley

What a blockbuster opening match to the season we have on Friday ! My Chiefs up against your 2nd favourite team the Lions !! Bring it on !!

Patience Redhopper, games will be posted 48 hours from now.

Doubt you will do any good this year, too busy brawling with your old sparring partner @Ridley

What a blockbuster opening match to the season we have on Friday ! My Chiefs up against your 2nd favourite team the Lions !! Bring it on !!
Who is Ridley ?

Moops, please. I am short-priced favourite again.

Agree the vibe is lacking.

I guess the realisation kicking in that we are in a rebuild & no longer contenders after a golden era hasn't helped any.

Plenty of hype from those supporters still involved. Especially the deluded StK supporters I know.

The lack of interest in the finals probably points to an ever declining lack of AFL interest generally in teams other than us.

Hurry up & announce the new coach & delistings already.

See Bin Man....that's what this year has come to. My point entirely. So disappointing.

My estranged brother follows the lions. I have no doubt in my mind he would have hated seeing us win 3 flags. Stuff em. I have always found Collingwood less offensive that your Carlton's and St Kilda's.