I reckon other 'top' teams will be trembling in their boots to have to play us in a final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I reckon other 'top' teams will be trembling in their boots to have to play us in a final.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
With George inexplicably resurrected back into the team, opposition teams are trembling a lot less.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The point Spook is making is that our record against those teams in the 8 is such that we shouldn’t fear anyone.
There is not one team we have played this year who is destined for finals that we have been outplayed by, with the possible exception of Melbourne earlier in the year.
We can beat anyone for sure, but doing it 4 weeks in a row is really tough.
Our record against the 7 teams above us is 3-4-1. Which is actually very good for a side sitting 8th
98.96% v top 8 as well. At our best we can beat anyone, it's just a matter of how long we can bring that for. It's trending the right way. Also, the media are drowning in their own drool over GeeLOL atm & in their run of wins we have been the closest to beating them.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I sometimes have a look at some of the other forums and on the Saints forum they were questioning the motivations of Geelong resting many of their
good players last night, and one of the posters said the following.

"It occurred to me that Geelong may well prefer St Kilda to win on Saturday in order to deny Richmond a spot in the finals, because if the Tigers do make it they will pose a real threat to all the other contenders."

A fully fit Richmond outfit with Dusty firing come September and a rabid Tiger army would
have to be a nightmare scenario for even the Geelongs and Melbournes in the comp, wouldnt
you say?

Or am I just getting ahead of myself after our performance last night ?
As long as we aren't forced to play at the testy Dome we will go ok

BLACKTIGS

Tiger Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
Pub test tonight, Geecants supporters 3 nobs in particular are very nervous about the tigs, they expect swans to knock us out 1st week, I just dipped my scooner….

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Since our last finals win in 2020. No DTLD, no Bash, no Lamblett, Shedda at half rat power, quite possibly no Dusty no Grub. Not quite sure why any other finalist should fear us this year, we're undergoing some serious transition n the match day results have been flaky at best.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Since our last finals win in 2020. No DTLD, no Bash, no Lamblett, Shedda at half rat power, quite possibly no Dusty no Grub. Not quite sure why any other finalist should fear us this year, we're undergoing some serious transition n the match day results have been flaky at best.

Cheer up TM! Even darksider Ant is on board! Win that first final and it's game on mofos!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user