I reckon other 'top' teams will be trembling in their boots to have to play us in a final. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I reckon other 'top' teams will be trembling in their boots to have to play us in a final.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone but Sydney at the SCG for me. I don't think we are any chance to beat them there.
Should have beaten them there this year. We had them on toast and blew it.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
First let’s make it before that talk.

I remember Jack speaking about it last year and us falling in a heap.

My concern still is our backline. Losing Grimes and now it appears Vlaustin too our backs leak too many goals. I’m sure with the way we are playing this year we can kick a score but we certainly give up quite a few too.

If we do make finals I think our defensive aspect our game will tighten up.

But let’s win our next two as both the Hawks & Essendon would love nothing more than to knock us out of the finals.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
We are not a premiership team at the moment, as we have a weak record against other final contenders.

Weak? We lost to the Cats by 3. The swans 6. Split games against the blues. Drew with freo and Beat the pies and Lions.
The dees best us comfortably early. In a game Dow, RCD, Parker, Mansell and Castagna all played.
We have a good record against other finalists.

Reactions: 10 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
If the miracle is to unfold and we win the premiership after finishing 8th, then we have grounds to claim best dynasty ever.

Yes l am dreaming but that is what l am dreaming until it is no longer possible

Reactions: 4 users

OldTiger1967

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 3, 2017
Weak? We lost to the Cats by 3. The swans 6. Split games against the blues. Drew with freo and Beat the pies and Lions.
The dees best us comfortably early. In a game Dow, RCD, Parker, Mansell and Castagna all played.
Why aren't we in the top 4 then? Because we lost to them.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Don't confuse us with facts.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 3, 2017
We lost to Norf, Gold Coast, Adelaide and St Kilda. Win those and we're top 4. Win one of the others and we're top 2.
If if if. But we didn't.

If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle......

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I know for a fact that 1 top 8 team is not worried about meeting us in a final………….

……. It’s Caaarltoon - cause they won’t be there when finals come around. :rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I know for a fact that 1 top 8 team is not worried about meeting us in a final………….

……. It’s Caaarltoon - cause they won’t be there when finals come around. :rotfl2
But their highly deluded fans will go apeshit (again!) when it happens! ;)

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Huddo - Geelong supporter - was certainly barracking for port last night. He mentioned that ‘no one wants Richmond in the finals’ but he is really only referring to Geelong.

Whately - Geelong supporter - has minimised us at every opportunity, using ‘Richmondy’ in the old derogatory way which I find a little disrespectful.

There is not one Geelong player, coach or supporter who doesn’t have Richmond in their heads.
These 2 clowns were laughing at the final siren when we drew with Freo. cats have peaked early & their time will come in Finals as it always does.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
These 2 clowns were laughing at the final siren when we drew with Freo. cats have peaked early & their time will come in Finals as it always does.
Yep, have a look at their smug faces, especially Mince's enjoyment.

1660221124840.png

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Why aren't we in the top 4 then? Because we lost to them.
The point Spook is making is that our record against those teams in the 8 is such that we shouldn’t fear anyone.
There is not one team we have played this year who is destined for finals that we have been outplayed by, with the possible exception of Melbourne earlier in the year.
We can beat anyone for sure, but doing it 4 weeks in a row is really tough.
Our record against the 7 teams above us is 3-4-1. Which is actually very good for a side sitting 8th

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Recent history has teams who beat us in the home & away rounds, get slapped by us in the finals.......nothing is going to change.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Over the years no one clicks in finals and goes up another gear like us the problem is we're our worst enemy when we drop below our elite level.