I'm bored, what games should I watch? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm bored, what games should I watch?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
A good game we should've won
Footscray round 1 1994.
Nash got tackled high, play on. No free.
What's changed??
Richo kicked 7 or 8

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hawthorn princess park 1985.
Just elbows and knees
And a victory against one of the best sides ive seen.
Dippa was just a disgrace to the game.
If things were going wrong at Hawthorn they had some king sooks Matthews, Dippa and Brereton were in too hurt.

Reactions: 1 user

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
I don’t think I’ve ever felt so destroyed after a game as that one
I believe that there was a pact within the club to never let that mob do that to us ever again. We haven’t lost a game to them since :clap1

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
One of my worst days at the footy. Equal with the 2018 final v Collingwood.
I was nowhere near as shattered after that Coll PF compared to the 2013 EF. Probably because we won the flag the year before.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Playing all the 2017 season, up to round 7 and what a horrible loss. I've also been reading the game day threads here after the game. I tend to agree we would have stolen the win if we had won the game and with hindsight we would have learned a lot from that loss and the horror I will face watching the following round tomorrow. At the time it was bloody awful.

We must have learned a lot from those close losses, maybe the biggest lesson was not to try and win by playing 1 quarter of decent footy.

I note the umpires learned absolutely nothing from these games and remain as woefully inconsistent as ever. Just as a comparison, the free kick against Riewoldt for shepherding at the end of the third quarter in the round 7 2017 game which disallowed a goal, compare that to the way Grimes was held in the first quarter of last year's PF as a Geelong player shepherded the ball through. Grimes was clearly being held, wasn't even a shepherd, and this was allowed, Riewoldt was just putting his body in the way and was penalised. Woeful.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t think I’ve ever felt so destroyed after a game as that one

I'm hearing ya. I was absolutely devastated. Didn't watch TV or listen to the radio for over a week. Could not bear the thought of having to re-live anything from that day.

The fact that it happened against Carlton made it even worse; I hate them more than any club.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I was nowhere near as shattered after that Coll PF compared to the 2013 EF. Probably because we won the flag the year before.
Totally agree with that. I was pissed off but nothing like I was after the 2013 EF.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I note the umpires learned absolutely nothing from these games and remain as woefully inconsistent as ever. Just as a comparison, the free kick against Riewoldt for shepherding at the end of the third quarter in the round 7 2017 game which disallowed a goal, compare that to the way Grimes was held in the first quarter of last year's PF as a Geelong player shepherded the ball through. Grimes was clearly being held, wasn't even a shepherd, and this was allowed, Riewoldt was just putting his body in the way and was penalised. Woeful.

DS

Agree with this. The lack of commentary around this incident was staggering. Henderson had his back to the play so was not even looking at the ball and was also clearly holding Grimes. Yet of course no free kick and a goal. Nothing to see here :rolleyes:

It was almost as staggering as the lack of condemnation of Stagerfield's dive just before half time which resulted in another goal. Compare that to the crucifixion suffered by Grimes the week before and Rance in 2018:mad:

Reactions: 1 users

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Agree with this. The lack of commentary around this incident was staggering. Henderson had his back to the play so was not even looking at the ball and was also clearly holding Grimes. Yet of course no free kick and a goal. Nothing to see here :rolleyes:

It was almost as staggering as the lack of condemnation of Stagerfield's dive just before half time which resulted in another goal. Compare that to the crucifixion suffered by Grimes the week before and Rance in 2018:mad:
Totally agree Ridley. Rancey and Grimesy were absolutely smashed in the media for their incidents, but not a peep when the poster boy does it. Stager gets a very good ride from the media for sure.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watched the 17 & 19 Finals over the Easter break, as well as selected games from both seasons. 2017 V Freo, where Townsend had a day out, and the following week v. the saints, favourites, sending cousin Nick off with a loss a bonus.

Watched a few games from 2018, including final v. Hawks, and with the benefit of hindsight, there were problems for a while at the end of the season.