I'm bored, what games should I watch? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm bored, what games should I watch?

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
My top 3 loses.
North final (1)
Collingwood final (2)
Stkilda princess park 95 (3)

That was my last trip to Princess Park. Decided to *smile* with the Saints supporters on the tram before jumping off to grab a few frothies at Nortons(?) and proceeded to mess them some more in the pub. We just kept singing "Tigerland" louder than they could do anything. It was all good natured and eventually they joined in because it was then, and is still, the best AFL Club song.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
That was my last trip to Princess Park. Decided to **** with the Saints supporters on the tram before jumping off to grab a few frothies at Nortons(?) and proceeded to mess them some more in the pub. We just kept singing "Tigerland" louder than they could do anything. It was all good natured and eventually they joined in because it was then, and is still, the best AFL Club song.
Naughtons.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Round 15 2018 vs swans - ripper game, the umps tried to shaft us but we were too good. Incredible mark and goal by Rioli in th1st. Buddy at his nasty sniping best.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Up to round 18 2017. GWS, a top 4 side and a genuine challenge and opportunity to see where we were.

First quarter was crap, by Richmond and by the umpires who were handing out frees all over the place and were, as per usual, grossly inconsistent.

After quarter time we started to play the pressure football that took us all the way. A good solid win against quality opposition.

Things are looking up :D

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The only other game played with as fast a pace and courage close to footy I reckon.

Love hurling. It's like a bunch of blokes got together at a footy ground but didn't have a footy.
"Let's play footy."
"But all we have is this hockey gear."
"Let's play footy anyway."

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Up to round 19 2017 against the Gold Coast. Big news before the game is whether Dusty should be chased by Gold Coast.

Well, they go that wrong, quite the opposite, we got their gun forward, they didn't get our gun midfielder/forward.

Lynch v Rance will be interesting.

Hmm, 2 minutes in and GC have 2 goals, wake up Tiges!!

DS

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Just re-watched the 2nd half (incl the final minute of Q2) of our PF against Geelong
Oh what a feeling

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Just re-watched the 2nd half (incl the final minute of Q2) of our PF against Geelong
Oh what a feeling

Just watched for the first time after having been at the game. ... the 2013 final loss to Blues. We were well short of a premiership side....8 or so players not up to it and too slow! Surprisingly JR and Sheds were very quiet. Cotch, Lids and Rance best but Blues midfield too quick. We also tried to retain possession too much hence slow build ups and no forward pressure. Love the changes that happened in 2017. Love our style now. Wish we were playing now. It is our window.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Just watched for the first time after having been at the game. ... the 2013 final loss to Blues. We were well short of a premiership side....8 or so players not up to it and too slow! Surprisingly JR and Sheds were very quiet. Cotch, Lids and Rance best but Blues midfield too quick. We also tried to retain possession too much hence slow build ups and no forward pressure. Love the changes that happened in 2017. Love our style now. Wish we were playing now. It is our window.

I watched that and the Brisbane final , over the last week ,

Both great games , some nervous moments at the time ,

but both games awesome fun now

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I watched a couple 2019 games tonight. Including the game V Fremantle. Interestingly all 5 of our W.A. players kicked a goal that day in Perth.;)

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
This highlights package popped up on my feed. It includes Pretty Boy's mark of the year, a BT bag, and some Malthouse biff. Is Robert Wiley one of the most underrated Tigers of all? Woosha was busy too.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Round 20 2017, Richmond v Hawthorn.

Wow, the pressure game has been turned up. The Hawks have nowhere to go, they're under siege from every direction. You can really see the way Richmond are playing now. A good win with no Riewoldt.

I'm half way through the next game: Richmond v Geelong at some country ground. Weird shaped ground it is too, one wing looks skinnier than the other. A good start, Geelong are certainly a very good side and their second quarter was impressive. I remember the result but not the margin. From memory this was the game where we learned how much further we had to go, how much better we had to be, to be a contender.

Really enjoying going through all of 2017. Gives me a break from the drudgery of working from home. Can't wait for the finals :cupgold

DS

Last edited:

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
This highlights package popped up on my feed. It includes Pretty Boy's mark of the year, a BT bag, and some Malthouse biff. Is Robert Wiley one of the most underrated Tigers of all? Woosha was busy too.
Wiley was my favourite player at the time - I was 9, along with Rowlings. I think they were' #2 and 22 if I recall correctly. Wiley only played 4 years for us, a bit longer and he'd be in the discussions as a club great.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I loved Wiley too but wondered if my boyhood metrics didn't quite match the reality. But having now seen a few more bits of games from that era he was a real star.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
im spewin i haven't kept any games from 2018, i went to each & every one of them, saw 4 interstate losses & the prelim obviously but wow that year we played some unbelievably good footy

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Wiley was my favourite player at the time - I was 9, along with Rowlings. I think they were' #2 and 22 if I recall correctly. Wiley only played 4 years for us, a bit longer and he'd be in the discussions as a club great.

Wow, what a lot of good players in that side. Certainly went bad after that though.

I seem to recall Wiley was the first player with a $100K transfer fee, might be wrong but he would have been well worth it.

DS