Injuries - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries - 2019

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Viewed some Blackhawks at Townsville in 97 after some accidents in 96 and the defence people we spoke to were amazed there were so many incidents as they have a lot of redundancies in the event of malfunction or enemy fire.

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
You guys are just filling me with confidence now, I must say. Especially given the year so far...

===

Sidenote: Larabee don't think I didn't notice that edit. Yes "aero physics" (I think it was) was a bit dubious - I thought so at the time, but I let it go. (I'm a bit of a stickler, word-wise - occupational hangover). When I first read, I thought "aerodynamics" would have been the go - still do - but I guess you can get away with "aeronautics". It was interesting though, to think about for a second.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
lamb22 said:
Viewed some Blackhawks at Townsville in 97 after some accidents in 96 and the defence people we spoke to were amazed there were so many incidents as they have a lot of redundancies in the event of malfunction or enemy fire.

Contingencies or redundancies?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
DirtyDogTiger said:
Contingencies or redundancies?

They used the words redundancies but yeah contingencies or back ups if hydraulics or electrical or other systems fail.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
easy said:
very interesting post thanks BR.

I had thought that may be the case too. Blokes like Nank, Jack, Rance and Cotchy have done a mountain of work the way we've played and what they've been asked to do for the last 3 years.

can't believe they weigh the footy. amazingly fine tolerances.

Hasn't stopped the likes of contested ball beasts like Ben Cunnington, Clayton Oliver, Tom Mitchell (injured in off season freak incident), Patrick Cripps (broken leg from freak incident) from playing almost every game in the last 3 years? And still going strong.

E

easy_tiger

MD Jazz said:
Hasn't stopped the likes of contested ball beasts like Ben Cunnington, Clayton Oliver, Tom Mitchell (injured in off season freak incident), Patrick Cripps (broken leg from freak incident) from playing almost every game in the last 3 years? And still going strong.

spot the theme amongst those blokes Jazzy?

they all play in *smile*, success-free sides.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
easy said:
spot the theme amongst those blokes Jazzy?

they all play in sh!t, success-free sides.

So Oliver and Mitchell didn’t play finals last year?

Reckon it’s simply a bit of luck. Plenty of other examples of continuity including finals.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Surely we are getting a few back for the saints game. And surely the injury run has to slow down.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
tigertim said:
Surely we are getting a few back for the saints game. And surely the injury run has to slow down.

Astbury should be a certainty was there with main group today.

Got to training basically as they were finishing up so report won't be accurate.

No sign of Cotch and Lambert.

Shedda, Miller, Nank in rehab and running laps.

Reiwoldt and Marlion doing footwork drills in rehab group.

Have not seen Ross or Moore doing any running yet just some stationery handball stuff.

**All care and no responsibility comes with this report just trying to provide some scraps in what has been a quiet week, (will get to training in a timely fashion next week).

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
caesar said:
Astbury should be a certainty was there with main group today.

Got to training basically as they were finishing up so report won't be accurate.

No sign of Cotch and Lambert.

Shedda, Miller, Nank in rehab and running laps.

Reiwoldt and Marlion doing footwork drills in rehab group.

Have not seen Ross or Moore doing any running yet just some stationery handball stuff.

**All care and no responsibility comes with this report just trying to provide some scraps in what has been a quiet week, (will get to training in a timely fashion next week).

Jeez Caesar - don’t be too hard on yourself - it is bye week remember so it would be hard to tell whose ok as not all players will be around. You would be forgiven if you had a bye yourself ;D

Enjoy your work by the way.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Rabbia said:
Sidenote: Larabee don't think I didn't notice that edit. Yes "aero physics" (I think it was) was a bit dubious - I thought so at the time, but I let it go. (I'm a bit of a stickler, word-wise - occupational hangover). When I first read, I thought "aerodynamics" would have been the go - still do - but I guess you can get away with "aeronautics". It was interesting though, to think about for a second.

;D ya got me! Should have put the original *smile* on the drunk posts thread :D
Aerodynamics is the word I was looking for. It’s been a while since I studied it a bit for air traffic control course
Been in helicopters a few times, and love it

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
year of the tiger said:
Jeez Caesar - don’t be too hard on yourself - it is bye week remember so it would be hard to tell whose ok as not all players will be around. You would be forgiven if you had a bye yourself ;D

Enjoy your work by the way.

Ditto and as I'm interstate I really appreciate the time and effort you go to help keep us in the loop caesar so thank you very much :clap :clap