Injuries - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries - 2019

I don't want to be too predictable in knocking Ellis, but I would swap out Ellis for Bolton (offensive vs defensive). I would like to think Bolton has turned a corner and stays in the side. The Baker vs Balta thing is a team balance issue depending upon the opposition.

French Tiger said:
Are our fitness team bad at maths ? When Jack did his knee it was 6-8 , 3 weeks on its 5-7

I think you’ll find we won’t see some players again this year, not just Rance

rokkafella said:
I think you’ll find we won’t see some players again this year, not just Rance

I reckon Jack will be back belatedly, but I'm very concerned about Nank

easy said:
Nope.

Weller I agree is not in our best 32.

Graham is firmly in our best 26 IMHO, which is by no measure a long way from 22.

Best 22 is fluid and opposition dependent. If we need big bodies in the middle, we need premiership leading goal kicker, norm smith polling, iceman Jack Graham.

The Port loss 2018 highlighted that.

These youngsters are fantastic, but lets change our baby bathwater cautiously I reckon.

Yeh, its pretty fluid. I reckon there are currently 16 locks:

Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Houli, McIntosh, Martin, Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert, Nank, Lynch, Jack, Rioli, Prestia, Caddy

Then Broad/Castagna/Stack/Balta/Baker are almost locks (they are definitely in my team)

Either Bolton or Ross make up my 22 (probably Ross for the grunt), but it could also be Ellis, Menadue, Graham, Butler, Short.

Looking at it Markov is now a long way back, Short should not come straight back in and I don't find a spot for Ellis if everyone is available and playing well. If Menadue plays well for the next couple of weeks he may be hard to shift.

MD Jazz said:
Yeh, its pretty fluid. I reckon there are currently 16 locks:

Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Houli, McIntosh, Martin, Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert, Nank, Lynch, Jack, Rioli, Prestia, Caddy

Then Broad/Castagna/Stack/Balta/Baker are almost locks (they are definitely in my team)

Either Bolton or Ross make up my 22 (probably Ross for the grunt), but it could also be Ellis, Menadue, Graham, Butler, Short.

Looking at it Markov is now a long way back, Short should not come straight back in and I don't find a spot for Ellis if everyone is available and playing well. If Menadue plays well for the next couple of weeks he may be hard to shift.

Short is the guy out of all the injured players who has been dealt the worst blow.

Not just his injury but hes been replaced by a bloke who is a better player than he is.

Jayden Short will be hoping one or even 2 of these 3 things happen at seasons end.

1 - Basha retires

2 - Stackman goes into the middle

3 - Ellis gets traded or moves.

Stackman has taken his spot, no denying it now.

Its no surprise that our defence has been better since Stackman came in to provide the defensive contest winning small we didnt have.

Bash gets the metres, we are not as good with Short and Houli both in the defensive half, Stackman has shored it up and is providing grunt and poise.

Teams are out
9 Unavailable

Rance - knee season
Riewoldt - knee 5-7
Nankervis - groin 8
Cotchin - hammy 2-3
Grigg - retired (hip)
Graham - hammy 1

Moore - ankle 8-10
Short - arm 5-6
Ross. - ankle - 8

craig said:
Short is the guy out of all the injured players who has been dealt the worst blow.

Not just his injury but hes been replaced by a bloke who is a better player than he is.

Jayden Short will be hoping one or even 2 of these 3 things happen at seasons end.

1 - Basha retires

Its no surprise that our defence has been better since Stackman came in to provide the defensive contest winning small we didnt have.

Bash gets the metres, we are not as good with Short and Houli both in the defensive half, Stackman has shored it up and is providing grunt and poise.

Absolutely mate!!

Stack a monster upgrade on Shorty. What a blessing.

craig said:

1 - Basha retires

Excellent post ol craigo.

craig said:

1 - Basha retires

If we were ever going to be a premiership challenger, Short would always be back up regardless.
If you have any doubts watch the final against Collingwood, he was a disaster.

craig said:

1 - Basha retires

Edit, we are not as good with Short in the defensive half, don't hitch Houli to that. Bachar and Stack are killing it, complemented each other beautifully last week. Shorty is depth, unless all of 1,2 and 3 happens, or he gets better defensively.

I reckon we are a tipping point of KPP's out.

think we can cover Nank and break even while he's out,

but I feel if Lynch goes down (he'd be next stop after Dusty for this injury locomotive that been driving through Tigerland)

then we are *smile*.

A report today from Caesar on training said Shai left the ground with doctor in tow.

Seems he may have a hammy problem.

Please footy gods, don't have him injured!!

mad_tiggy911 said:
What have we done wrong to deserve the injuries this year?

Now it feels like we are copying the Pies of last year but hopefully a different result in the GF :)

mad_tiggy911 said:
What have we done wrong to deserve the injuries this year?

Starting from gastro problems in the 2018 PF it makes me wonder if those scums down Swan Street that wear black & white recruited some witch doctor....

tigersnake said:
Edit, we are not as good with Short in the defensive half, don't hitch Houli to that. Bachar and Stack are killing it, complemented each other beautifully last week. Shorty is depth, unless all of 1,2 and 3 happens, or he gets better defensively.

Did you watch last weeks game? Houli was putrid defensively, fortunately his attack made up for it.

Hey curse, do us a favour and give us a break this weekend. FO somewhere and disappear.