Injuries - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries - 2019

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
All leg injuries except for Short. Going to make it tough even when these players return.

Burge doesn't paint a pretty picture of Nank's groin.

I'm mentally preparing for a campaign without Nank

saigon tiger said:
Why was Nankervis put back on the ground after his initial injury?

Harry said:
Did he make it worse by going back on?

almost certainly

misdiagnoses is the only possible explanation.

muscle and tendon off the bone.

Nank would have been pretty forceful with his 'its all good, no worries'

so he would have to accept some responsibility,

plus the medicos don't have MRI eyes.

although I am a bit suspect on our gameday medical calls this year - Jack sent into the ruck twice with a *smile* wrist and knee and Nank sent back out with a spag Bol groin muscularity

bit of a *smile*

easy said:
almost certainly

misdiagnoses is the only possible explanation.

muscle and tendon off the bone.

Nank would have been pretty forceful with his 'its all good, no worries'

so he would have to accept some responsibility,

plus the medicos don't have MRI eyes.

although I am a bit suspect on our gameday medical calls this year - Jack sent into the ruck twice with a *smile*ed wrist and knee and Nank sent back out with a spag Bol groin muscularity

bit of a *smile*

Last year we also sent out butler and lambert on injured ankles.

Harry said:
Last year we also sent out butler and lambert on injured ankles.

I defiantly think there is evidence to warrant a discussion,

that game day injury assessment is a chink in our armour of professionalism.

French Tiger said:
Are our fitness team bad at maths ? When Jack did his knee it was 6-8 , 3 weeks on its 5-7

Cotchy's hammy is like the magic pudding

Harry said:
And it was a long one

It's unbelievable how many injuries we have this year compared to previous years. I wonder what we did differently this preseason. Can't be just bad luck.

Most seem to be game related so I think its just luck.

The injury list is quite astounding.

11 players out who would be in our best 22.
Rance, Short, Vlastuin, Grigg, Cotchin, Ross, Rioli, Riewoldt, Nankervis, Graham, Weller.

9 other players injured at some stage of this year already in 8 rounds who would be pushing for best 22.
Astbury, Caddy, Butler, Houli, Castagna, Garthwaite, Townsend, Markov, Moore.

And two suspensions Grimes and Martin which has been shown in hindsight to have been BS with others in similar acts like Ablett and Fyfe getting off.

Many suspected we had well passed the Tipping point, with the star 3-4 out. Now with Nank they are suspect we will fall out of the 8 too !!!! Funny enough, Freo with some BIG ruckmen did not influence the game at all post half time when Nank was sitting on the bench.

Fascinating few games with coming up - at their best Hawks and Dons look very good.... but at the same time they can be very very ordinary too. Control what we can, play a fit 22 and just keep doing what we have been doing.

RedanTiger said:

Rance, Short, Vlastuin, Grigg, Cotchin, Ross, Rioli, Riewoldt, Nankervis, Graham, Weller.

The great thing is that Short, Ross, Graham and Weller will find it very hard to get back in if the others return.

Most have been usurped.

RedanTiger said:

Surely we're all in agreeance that Graham and Weller are a long way from best 22 if we have a fully fit senior list. Short maybe on the bench but would mean that Balta, Bolton, Higgins, Baker, Ellis and Menedue are all out because 7 players in and Stack aint going nowhere

Ross would get a game before a few of our mids , he stepped up to the plate & took over the responsibility of getting his hands on the ball .
He would be in my best 15 players selected ...

Dont Argue said:
Surely we're all in agreeance that Graham and Weller are a long way from best 22 if we have a fully fit senior list.

Nope.

Weller I agree is not in our best 32.

Graham is firmly in our best 26 IMHO, which is by no measure a long way from 22.

Best 22 is fluid and opposition dependent. If we need big bodies in the middle, we need premiership leading goal kicker, norm smith polling, iceman Jack Graham.

The Port loss 2018 highlighted that.

These youngsters are fantastic, but lets change our baby bathwater cautiously I reckon.

easy said:
Nope.

Weller I agree is not in our best 32.

Graham is firmly in our best 26 IMHO, which is by no measure a long way from 22.

Best 22 is fluid and opposition dependent. If we need big bodies in the middle, we need premiership leading goal kicker, norm smith polling, iceman Jack Graham.

The Port loss 2018 highlighted that.

These youngsters are fantastic, but lets change our baby bathwater cautiously I reckon.

Whilst i like Jack Graham "that is" I reckon 26th position is about right and a long way from 22 because that's 4 players in front of him. Again all hypothetical because I highlighted the word "If" we had a full squad which is highly unlikely but think Ross has got him for big bodied mid and I don't have him in my 22 at this stage.
By my definition, those that miss out are Balta, Bolton, Baker, Menadue, Baker, Higgins, Graham.

Vlas. Astbury . Grimes.
Houli. Rance. Stack.
McKintosh. Cotchin. Edwards.
Martin. Jack R. Rioli.
Caddy. Lynch. George.
Nanks. Lambert. Prestia.

Ellis ( some might say lucky ). Higgins. Broad. Baker ( red hot form ).

Stiff. Short, Bolton, Balta ( very stiff but we're playing our best footy with less talls ) Butler, Graham, Menedue, Ross

Dont Argue said:
Whilst i like Jack Graham "that is" I reckon 26th position is about right and a long way from 22 because that's 4 players in front of him. Again all hypothetical because I highlighted the word "If" we had a full squad which is highly unlikely but think Ross has got him for big bodied mid and I don't have him in my 22 at this stage.
By my definition, those that miss out are Balta, Bolton, Menadue, Baker, Higgins, Graham.

Vlas. Astbury . Grimes.
Houli. Rance. Stack.
McKintosh. Cotchin. Edwards.
Martin. Jack R. Rioli.
Caddy. Lynch. George.
Nanks. Lambert. Prestia.

Ellis. Higgins. Broad. Baker.

Stiff. Short, Bolton, Balta, Butler, Graham, Menedue, Ross

I wouldn't argue to hard with that 22

Although right now, I'd have Balta in for Ellis, probably with Graham and Higlet fighting for spot 22/first emergency, opposition dependant.