Injuries - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries - 2019

Our team has that many stars in rehab we might as well change our name to the Hollywood Tigers

This injury run is proving a blessing to our club.

Out match committee have been reluctant to drop premiership players even though they are stinking it up in the ones.

We have players running around in the twos who have deserved a chance but lacked opportunity.

Without injuries Stack, Bolton, Ross and Balta would be still running around in the twos and their performances have shown that they were better players than many players in the ones.

Players coming back should be coming back through the two's with the exception of those in the leadership group.

It is a blessing and a curse.

We can't field anywhere near our strongest team yet we have found that several of our juniors can play.

We will simply not be able to keep all of our kids who will be sought out from elsewhere for heftier salaries than we can afford.

Maybe Dusty can take a pay cut.

yandb said:

Out match committee have been reluctant to drop premiership players even though they are stinking it up in the ones.

We have players running around in the twos who have deserved a chance but lacked opportunity.

Without injuries Stack, Bolton, Ross and Balta would be still running around in the twos and their performances have shown that they were better players than many players in the ones.

Players coming back should be coming back through the two's with the exception of those in the leadership group.

It would be a really interesting cultural (and form) exercise to run selection purely on merit and turn over 2 blokes a week.

At least 2 kids in the 2nds, and every bloke in the 1st would be playing for a senior gig every single week.

yandb said:

Also a gutsy call to let go of Miles, Lloyd and Conca (although not sure they had a choice). There would have been some disgruntled talented kids crucial to our future who would have likely left at the end of the year.

Mr Brightside said:
Burge report is on the Tige site.

And it was a long one

It's unbelievable how many injuries we have this year compared to previous years. I wonder what we did differently this preseason. Can't be just bad luck.

Just watched Burge's injury report.

Bloody Nora!

I reckon Shorten's and Scomo's election speeches don't go that long! :hihi

Harry said:
And it was a long one

It's unbelievable how many injuries we have this year compared to previous years. I wonder what we did differently this preseason. Can't be just bad luck.
Rance, Reiwoldt, Short, Nankervis, Ross, Moore, Vlaustin, Rioli and Ashbury are all definitely bad luck injuries, I suppose you could argue that Cotchin and Graham having soft tissue an may have done something different in the pre season

Harry said:
I wonder what we did differently this preseason. Can't be just bad luck.
Of course it can. We've been blessed over recent years with minimal long term or serious injuries. Pretty much all the injuries are from stress overload or jarring impact n way too many are longer term which really hurts.
Tross knee, jarred and twisted.
Jaaack wrist, jarred impact. knee one, player fell across it. knee two jarred in a marking contest.
Nank, groin, stress overload pushing in a ruck contest.
Ross, ankle rolled then stepped upon.
Cotch, hammy, over load running or pushing, bending.
Shorty, elbow, jarred impact.
Sausage, beat up body, all impact.
Moore, broken ankle, jarring impact and rolled.
Grigga old fart worn out body.
Then you get to the general run of the mill minor injuries, hammy tweaks, rolled ankles, concussion etc from general play.

Injury gods have finally noticed that they missed us for a few years running n have hit back with a vengeance, most of our injuries are not from poor pre season work they're in game impact.

Harry said:
And it was a long one

Some regrets during pre-season training I reckon.

Second half of the season will be mighty interesting when some of these blokes start to filter in to the team again.

theglove3 said:
Just watched Burge's injury report.

Bloody Nora!

I reckon Shorten's and Scomo's election speeches don't go that long! :hihi
Just watched it. Next week I'll order the boxed set.

Aim is to make the eight come September. Our injury list at this time of the year is unwelcome to say the least. The focus now is to field teams week to week that somehow get us into final eight. By that time hopefully ,most of our now injured, should be up & running without any restrictions.

We're harder to plan against at least.

Keeps them guessing and we blood youth.

Small positive.