Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call?

Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Would have been close to last on my list for inclusions this week.

But I trust the MC implicitly, they haven't put a foot wrong this year.

Which means he's the right choice.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
If nothing else it seems to have thrown a massive spanned into the media. I wouldn’t be surprised if this sways a few neutral supporters.
Poor media. All their recycled articles from previous grand final weeks got thrown out the window. Now they have to right something "insightful"

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
You can’t debut a bloke in a Grand Final.
You can’t use a midfielder as your 2nd ruck in a Grand Final.
You can’t send a 5th gamer to the opposition’s best mid in a Grand Final.
You can’t have a female president.

We’re writing our own story here.

Reactions: 17 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
On form, he'd be selected so why not?

This selection whilst seen as courageous by some or risky by others says to me that the MC is hard nosed. We are not about to take any prisoners on the big stage.

Like for like GWS, you say you’ve got hard ar..ses in Greene whom most regard as reckless, and Mummy who will throw his weight around because he couldn’t give a ***** as it is his last game.

We are prepared for your so called heat.

We have the harder edge and we know what to do at the big dance.

If GWS and the AFL want a show off FLAG, well 2019 is not yours.

The Tigers will bullock you, rise to your threat and not yield.

We are the Club of 2019.

We are not fake, we are not pretentious.

Tiger spirit and resolve will prevail, whether the game is close or more likely a blow out after part way through the third.

We will be cheering as Tommy’s beloved widow presents the Premiership Cup to a fine fellow, the Richmond Captain, Trent Cotchin.

Yes, I’m pumped but rather our team has the process and the measure of their opponents, whether they be on the field, the AFL or media.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I have been nervous all week, but this has made me calm.

Spook on fire.

Im more inclined to find a poll somewhere on the interweb asking

Will a comet hit earth?

Than vote on this

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
This selection whilst seen as courageous by some or risky by others says to me that the MC is hard nosed. We are not about to take any prisoners on the big stage.

Like for like GWS, you say you’ve got hard ar..ses in Greene whom most regard as reckless, and Mummy who will throw his weight around because he couldn’t give a ***** as it is his last game.

We are the Club of 2019.

Tiger spirit and resolve will prevail, whether the game is close or more likely a blow out after part way through the third.

We will be cheering as Tommy’s beloved widow presents the Premiership Cup to a fine fellow, the Richmond Captain, Trent Cotchin.

Yes, I’m pumped but rather our team has the process and the measure of their opponents, whether they be on the field, the AFL or media.

Beautifully said. I can see all this crystallising into reality on Saturday

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
In the system we trust. I wish Marlion an awesome match. Win or lose, I had us shutting up shop after round 13 with all of the injuries and the spanking by Adelaide . To even be here is way beyond my expectations for 2019. Marlion's inclusion is the icing on top. Go get them Marlion!

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

We are the Club of 2019.

Running through brick walls, eh Bernie
I like your attitude, full of Tiger spirit

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If we lose this will not be the call that made it happen anyway.

Sheds might be a chance for the Norm also.

Reactions: 2 users

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
If this was round 15 he would be playing in the seniors based on form. You have to make the decision on warm and his form warranted promotion.