Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call?

Is the selection of Marlion Pickett in the Grand Final the right call?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
As an aside -
Besides Pickett's great football ability he also gives us our fairytale which will hopefully match the GWS first GF/possible flag fairytale in the media!

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think it's the right call.

- In form.
- Mature body.
- Won't take a backwards step.
- Experienced big game player (albeit not at AFL level).
- Flexible. Can play flank or mid.
- Good tackler.
- X Factor
- Lifts the group.

Reactions: 1 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Inspired Selection,born for Finals.

Read what his WAFL coaches say about him.

Marlion in his Presser,said he’ll do everything he can for his teammates,and he’ll leave everything out there.

I’m excited,another hard bodied, uncompromising player with X- Factor...............Bring it on.!!!!

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
wAFL coaches rate him. Tim Kelly rates him and said that he can play almost anywhere. He replaced Kelly at Swan Districts in the middle and according to Kelly's Reddit article, he flourished. The upside is he can only get better at AFL level by being exposed to the pace.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
wAFL coaches rate him. Tim Kelly rates him and said that he can play almost anywhere. He replaced Kelly at Swan Districts in the middle and according to Kelly's Reddit article, he flourished. The upside is he can only get better at AFL level by being exposed to the pace.

Slight correction as they both played with South Fremantle in the WAFL.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I think it's the right call.

- In form.
- Mature body.
- Won't take a backwards step.
- Experienced big game player (albeit not at AFL level).
- Flexible. Can play flank or mid.
- Good tackler.
- X Factor
- Lifts the group.
Covered everything I was thinking. Well said.
I was initially thinking of JRoss but seeing the way the GeeWiz is playing Marlion in reflection believe he can take the heat better. The mature body will be crucial.