Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Indeed.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Shovekins out cold, would be gold.
Even better if it’s as a result of a fair collision that puts him (Hawkins) in the path of a Diverfield elbow and they damage each other

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't want to wish any players injured, even certain Geelold players.
But it would be bloody sweet to watch them finally have a mega crap year n the look of realisation dawning on the faces as the year draws on n their pensioners slowly adjust to the fact. That not only are they not going to win one last flag before retirement, but they won't even make finals.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Don't want to wish any players injured, even certain Geelold players.
But it would be bloody sweet to watch them finally have a mega crap year n the look of realisation dawning on the faces as the year draws on n their pensioners slowly adjust to the fact. That not only are they not going to win one last flag before retirement, but they won't even make finals.

well, they got their wish - we had a mega-crap year missing finals, so seems fair.

They won't miss finals though.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That cliff is getting awfully close, though. The home ground advantage can’t save them forever.

Put it this way, I think our young players are much better than theirs, and our age profile is more even, so we'll be challenging again before them. But in many ways next season is the last roll of the dice for both them and us with regards to our older players.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
interesting
McQualter said Nank and Ivan will be working in tandem .... hmm it that a hint

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
interesting
McQualter said Nank and Ivan will be working in tandem .... hmm it that a hint

Right call imo. Interested to see how the dual ruck and what looks to be 3 headed monster up forward all comes together.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He played quite well for a big guy coming back from a bad knee reco.

Note: someone asked the other day about Nank's bandage on his knee. It's not a bandage, but a knee/shin protection pad.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Really is going to be fascinating. I still can't see anyway we play Nankervis, Soldo and Balta forward with Lynch and Riewoldt in the same team but it will be interesting to see if the coach's agree with me or if they are wrong.

I can actually see a scenario where Soldo will be at another club next year and we will go forward with Nankervis, Balta, Ryan, Collina and a draftee as our ruck division.
I personally dont see Balta remaining forward. They might dabble with the idea but I dont see it lasting too long. Back to CHB.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Really is going to be fascinating. I still can't see anyway we play Nankervis, Soldo and Balta forward with Lynch and Riewoldt in the same team but it will be interesting to see if the coach's agree with me or if they are wrong.

I can actually see a scenario where Soldo will be at another club next year and we will go forward with Nankervis, Balta, Ryan, Collina and a draftee as our ruck division.

You like Balta a lot as a ruck prospect I’ve noticed TBR, your rationale?

TheUmpire

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2003
Couldn't disagree more.

Many good judges would say Soldo was close to a Norm Smith in 2019.

He is significantly better pure ruckman than Nank.

Why would you even consider getting rid of him? (unless you don't understand the power of a top notch ruck).

Reactions: 4 users