Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
He's entering his peak years as a footballer and I doubt he is going to want to spend them playing second fiddle to Nankervis.

Are you sure he's gonna be second fiddle? Reckon Soldo was number 1 ruck during 2019 with Nank coming in to grind down the opponents second ruck. Reckon it'll be much the same.

Reactions: 7 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
So underated this bloke when he came into the side we we're a better team and matched up with the bigger ruckman very well.

Reactions: 6 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
So underated this bloke when he came into the side we we're a better team and matched up with the bigger ruckman very well.
Soldo really established himself in 2019. When nank was injured soldo started working well with the midfield. Nank returned during the finals but didn't play that well. The GF nank found from. 2020 I actually saw a lot games at Metricon. I didn't think soldo was as good as his year was as good as 2019. We seem to like our second ruck to spend a lot of time on the bench. Soldo doesn't seem to mind. He knows that nank misses heaps of games. There's a Croatian club within the club at punt road. I don't know if soldo loves that. If that would keep him. Anyhow it was great to see soldo have a very good hit out in the practice match. Looks like he's recovered from the injury..

Reactions: 3 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Not so much get rid of as make a mutually beneficial deal.

He's entering his peak years as a footballer and I doubt he is going to want to spend them playing second fiddle to Nankervis.

If we don't play him, or if he is playing second string minutes behind Nankervis, then I think clubs will come hard for him next year and it may be a good result for us to secure a decent trade.
He just resigned until 2024. The club and he knowing that nank is no 1.
Chol and CJ got unbelievable offers and soldo might too. But soldo hails from the ACT. No go home factor unlike CJ and Chol.
If Maric retires from his current coaching role, that might be a factor in changing soldos thinking.

Reactions: 1 user

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Im not sure Arden St is much closer to Adelaide than Punt Rd is.
Haha...Oops.. CJ just went for the money. Contracts mean nothing these days. Soldo could leave. In recent times I don't think we've lost any player mid contract.. Higgins? Lids?

Last edited:

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
see how it plays out , seems like, without looking up stats ,

We have not had both of them fit and firing at exactly the same time all season long, too often anyway

So the insurance is a good thing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There's room in the side for both Nank and Soldo, they have only played together in 14 games, resulting in 12 wins and 2 losses.

Reactions: 3 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Soldo gives us the opportunity to win more center clearances with his tap work, allowing our mids to be a little more proactive and easing the burden on the backline to rebound. Nank is a tremendous warrior and around the ground player but he is simply not tall enough to get first use in the middle. A couple of additional clean exits from the bounce per game would be huge for our forwards and I hope Soldo can stay fit and plays most games in tandem with Nankervis.

Reactions: 7 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Soldo is top 3 tap ruckman in AfL while
Nank is top 3 around the ground,
Together they are a challenge for anyone .

Reactions: 6 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He’s looking more and more like a 2020s version of Roger Merrett.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I had him down for two goals and a bounce before the game started. Pretty standard stuff.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Soldo is an undervalued force.
Many opposition rucks will feel his wrath this season

• Love
Reactions: 11 users