Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If we wanna cut deep into September in drier conditions Soldo is a must. Ryan not ready just yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Soldo's taps are too predictable, Selwood sharked them twice in the 2nd quarter. If we're going to play a legitimate 2nd ruck we'd better be getting an advantage out of it and it's not happening currently. He should thump the ball into open space, we can beat Geelong in the open.

Reactions: 1 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Downside is I hope he doesn’t take opportunity away from Ryan and Colina in the Magoos.
Development in these two is critical.
On the flip side I’m visualising Soldo and Colina in the forward line together.
Most fearsome tag team since Brute Bernard and Skull Murphy
Ryan has come along well this year. Collina is that far off it he should step down to suburban footy if we are too tall. Soldo can play. He is just out of form.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Soldo looks lame. Not getting air? Big knee. No expectation. But there is responsibility. He doesn't control grass the way he could at his best. But. He stops them controlling it.

Can we get him right for September? Dunno. He loves a kick in the teeth so dropping him can only help. Ryan cannot guarantee what a hoppy Soldo can at CBs.

Hmmm. I think the die is cast. If Soldo is dropped it's more to sharpen him up than test Ryan at this stage.

Jack in ruck was a *smile* disaster.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah WTF was Dimma thinking. A 33 year old full forward as back up ruck? Bloody hell.

If Balta is not playing Soldo has to.

We went in small. Scott decided to punish us physically for that. But Hardwick said in his presser that we were planning to sub Soldo on anyway. Odd.

We have to remember that this is a June game.

When Hardwick was talking about "My dear friend Scotty's got a good one there *smile*" I read him as saying "We'll *smile* your eyes out in September, you *smile*."

Reactions: 3 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Was inept tonight. Useless.

I love Ivan, but he needs to deliver more.

I'd play Samson next week

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
In fairness only played 50% game time but just doesn't do enough around the ground, never has. Just another ho hum game for mine.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Soldo looks lame. Not getting air? Big knee. No expectation. But there is responsibility. He doesn't control grass the way he could at his best. But. He stops them controlling it.

Can we get him right for September? Dunno. He loves a kick in the teeth so dropping him can only help. Ryan cannot guarantee what a hoppy Soldo can at CBs.

Hmmm. I think the die is cast. If Soldo is dropped it's more to sharpen him up than test Ryan at this stage.

Jack in ruck was a *smile* disaster.
Yes agree.
He needs to get back into some form Soldo, if he does, and both rucks stay healthy - and we make the 8, which is not guaranteed (Collingwood have an easy draw and will stay in the 8) - we have a small chance.

Last week, Jack in the ruck was not only ridiculuous but almost lost us the game.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Was woeful today. Got in something of a stink with Naitanui and retreated. To be fair he did get in a stink, unlike the victims.

Lifted after that.

He loves a kick the teeth. Let's give him another. Dropped.

Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Was woeful today. Got in something of a stink with Naitanui and retreated. To be fair he did get in a stink, unlike the victims.

Lifted after that.

He loves a kick the teeth. Let's give him another. Dropped.
Sorting the second ruck out is a massive issue. This guy is not there. Samson is improving for sure at vfl level tho. Need someone from left field like that Port left footer. Miller..??

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Sorting the second ruck out is a massive issue. This guy is not there. Samson is improving for sure at vfl level tho. Need someone from left field like that Port left footer. Miller..??
The first ruck is a big deal too atm, Merveille.

We still have time to sort this.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Nank may have been schooled by nicnat yesterday but will not and should not be dropped.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Are people serious? Nankervis is having possibly his best year to date and we all know what he brings when it counts in sunny september. He isn’t the first bloke NicNat has jumped all over.. that’s why he is the best tap ruck in the land.. in saying that.. I know which guy I want in the trenches when it counts.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Are people serious? Nankervis is having possibly his best year to date and we all know what he brings when it counts in sunny september. He isn’t the first bloke NicNat has jumped all over.. that’s why he is the best tap ruck in the land.. in saying that.. I know which guy I want in the trenches when it counts.
100% agree 8ball. I am just catching up on some threads and was reading this one - and thought I must have watched a diff game to many of you.

Firstly, on Soldo. Reckon he is building. Still a bit unco and his timing is off. But he's getting there, did some good things yesterday. Reckon he needs to keep playing for sure - Nank and soldo are the sum of their parts. And if we are to go anywhere in Sept (and for that matter August with our upcoming games), we need them both giving each other a spell and keeping each other as fresh as possible to impact when they do come on.

Nank. Will always be outjumped by Nic Nat. But around the ground he wasnt too bad.

The clearances are a massive problem and will be until we get another tier of quality mids to help with the rotations (pls get Taranto Blair).
But lets not forget no Cotch, Dion, Dusty these last few weeks. Someone has to play in there - sure Bakes, Short and others were killed in the clearances yesterday. But they have had to step up dramatically and shoulder the load a lot.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Soldo was terrible yesterday.

Just awful, sadly.

Agree with Dyer'ere, needs a spell.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
2 ruckman that haven't got a clue in the ruck.
There's not one ruckman in the league that dosent feast on playing on both Soldo and Nakas.
Soldo is coming back from a knee, that takes time. But Nakas is getting demolished