Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Soldo will be back better next year after he has had 18 months post his rehabbing.

He was doing well and played some good footy before Fatkins ruined him.
Like you I am confident Soldo will come back to form again as he is a big unit and a bad injury will take a long time to fix in mind and body

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's back again but I'm honestly not inspired.
It's been a really tough season for Ivan as he works his way back from the car crash knee injury.
The club seems to be hanging their hat on him rediscovering the sharp graph of improvement back in 2019. Fair enough. He was a bright light before Shovekins put his career at risk.
That said the Nank/Soldo duo has lost a bit of gloss in 2022. Our midfield hasn't helped on that front either.

Reactions: 3 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Good call Tooheys! I’m yet to see the benefits of playing him this season to be honest. This ‘wearing down of the opposition ruck’… yeah I’m not sure. Needs to lift his output drastically - especially when resting fwd.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
He's back again but I'm honestly not inspired.
It's been a really tough season for Ivan as he works his way back from the car crash knee injury.
The club seems to be hanging their hat on him rediscovering the sharp graph of improvement back in 2019. Fair enough. He was a bright light before Shovekins put his career at risk.
That said the Nank/Soldo duo has lost a bit of gloss in 2022. Our midfield hasn't helped on that front either.

IMO we should have gone with Ryan. Gives us more flexibility.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Woeful tapping. Poor skills. Dumb operator. Perfect for Richmond.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Time for him to work on his game in VFL and return to his pre-injury 2020 levels. It is just taking him a long time to recover.
Maybe we start blooding Ryan in a meaningful manner for the rest of the season

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I must've been watching a different game, because I really liked Soldo's game this week.

With Nank and Ivan both sore, I thought it was a particularly gallant effort.

Reactions: 7 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
What a weird unit he was tonight. Just looked ungainly and out of sync.

Even falconed one or two taps.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So wished he kicked that goal.

But overall played better than Nank who needs a weeks rest.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes battled hard.. pity he couldn't pick up that ground ball the shedda knocked out to him. But good signs