Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Interesting to see in the Show Me The Money documentary on Stan that is was GWS who dropped the Soldo trade rather than him.

With Miller seemingly past him now it is hard to see where his career is going in the short term, barring injuries to Nankervis. Feel like he will have to move on at the end of the year to get some opportunity.

Reactions: 1 users

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Interesting to see in the Show Me The Money documentary on Stan that is was GWS who dropped the Soldo trade rather than him.

With Miller seemingly past him now it is hard to see where his career is going in the short term, barring injuries to Nankervis. Feel like he will have to move on at the end of the year to get some opportunity.
I still think he’s a no.1 ruck. Perfect backup for Nank. He will improve on last year as well. If Nank went down we would be thin in the rucks without Soldo.
That may change this year with Samson Ryan coming on.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The Melbourne setup, as it stands, two strike rucks on the same list (unprecedented) makes Soldo much more interesting than he might otherwise be.

Having done the year of uselessness after the big knee, Soldo is pretty much as close to sound as he'll ever be.

Mr Damien Hardwick will get a look at Soldo's chances pretty soon.

It won't take long.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I reckon last year was just getter back to footy after his knee big blokes take that extra year to recover.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
As already mentioned game number 50. The last of our premiership players on our list to hit this milestone.

I really hope he takes this opportunity and makes us a better team.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kick arse n celebrate hard big Ivvy. 50 games and a flag not bloody bad for a great big doofus soccer playing pelican who had absolutely no idea when he started out.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
It seems a bit odd that a quiet and slow giant like Evan has been selected to come back at the level, after such a lengthy lay-off.

Maybe not. Our man has suffered a number of injury related disappointments going back to Hawkins and he is coached by the great Ivan Maric, who is always wise and always cool.

Today predict he will well and truely beat Witts and Cholly, and put a smile on the face of Dimma. Tigers by 30.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Dimma mentioned pre game he'll only play 60% game time.

Probably be subbed.

Young, Sonsie, Ross, Miller, even cotch VERY lucky to remain out there. No impact at all that half.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
His decision to pinpoint a pass rather than a goal from 40m is probably top 5 most brain dead decisions I’ve ever seen.

Congrats Solly.