Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not even sure why it crossed his mind. Someone above gave his decision to pass it as being from 40m out (that would give his decision some understanding) but as you say it was 30m out on a very slight angle. If you can't take that shot, then WTF are you doing playing AFL footy. We had the flow of the game at that time, we'd kicked the last 2, kick that 1 and we were in the ascendency and within 2 goals. They slingshot it and ice the game.

Stinker of a decision and no idea why he even made that decision, and thats not even taking into account the awful delivery of that kick, floated it on his head, was the easiest kick that their defender will need to spoil in his career.
I think they’re all terrified to take a shot at goal and if they can pass it off to someone else, it then becomes that player’s problem.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He's been battling Plantar fasciitis like Tommy in the pre season.

I dont think Ivvy had surgery for it thoughrather more managenment.

Mightve had a bit of a flare up this week that hasnt settled.

Feb 25, 2007
Just to let you folks know that it's precautionary and should only be a week. Soldo hopes to be back for Geelong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bugger. He’s a fragile little daisy - quoting my sister.
I wouldn't say it to big Ivvy!!!!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Soldo is an AFL quality ruck- not Nank quality, but good enough. When both he and Nank were missing it cost us games, but we won't have that excuse over the next 3 weeks.

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Two good things about Ivan. He didn't move to Queensland last season and he is fit again just as Nanks is going on an enforced holiday. I could add in a combined third, he is s big lump of a ruck who can tap and negate

Reactions: 4 users

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Two good things about Ivan. He didn't move to Queensland last season and he is fit again just as Nanks is going on an enforced holiday. I could add in a combined third, he is s big lump of a ruck who can tap and negate
There was a time back when Soldo was almost better than Nank ........... lest we forget :)

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Assuming Nank gets 3, Soldo has 2 warm up games against the Weagles and the Hawks before he needs to put in a big one against the Dees.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Bit of a wildcard is the Biggest Ivy , we are now going to get a look at a genuine clearance machine with Taranto, Hopper, Prestia , Bolton, Cotchin and Martin roving to Soldo , West Coast probaly won’t be the walk over they have been and unfortunately Nic Nat is out , however this game could be a great starting point for our Soldo lead midfield over the next 5 weeks .

Soldo was moving well in the VFL Thursday so hopefully he can get back to the forgotten form of 2019/20

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I am far from convinced with Soldo. Whilst he might win hit outs, he is next to no good around the ground. No good when the ball hits the ground and no real threat up forward. But nonetheless he will get his chance. I hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ivy has never been quick, but looks to have lost half a yard since doing his knee, but i have no doubt that he'll do a good job.
He can sneak forward, take a grab and snag a goal too which is handy.