Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Ryan is ahead of Soldo. But Soldo is ahead of Miller as a ruck. Why he thought it was a good idea to pass rather than kick was a disgrace.

Reactions: 1 user

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Ryan is ahead of Soldo. But Soldo is ahead of Miller as a ruck. Why he thought it was a good idea to pass rather than kick was a disgrace.
Crazy to even think to pass it, and then to make it worse he telegraphs the kick. Under 12’s stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Crazy to even think to pass it, and then to make it worse he telegraphs the kick. Under 12’s stuff.
Choosing the goal was literally the lazy decision/easy way out of the two that he couldve picked from. It was a moment that did not require him to think. He should have been on autopilot.

Incredible to try that at that time in the game, with that little amount of time to go, at a point in the match where we are absolutely gagging for a shot at goal.

I said it was in my top 5 brain dead decisions I’ve ever seen, but on reflection, I might not have seen something that tops it.

Reactions: 2 users

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Gees he’s not a world beater and it was his first game of any kind for a long time, coming off multiple injury setbacks. Premiership ruckman in 2019. Should have been a dual premiership ruckman. We know how long it takes the big boys to come back …

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Well, if you are not confident enough to nail a goal from 30 metres out, if you don’t want the moment - f r off

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Well, if you are not confident enough to nail a goal from 30 metres out, if you don’t want the moment - f r off

Not even sure why it crossed his mind. Someone above gave his decision to pass it as being from 40m out (that would give his decision some understanding) but as you say it was 30m out on a very slight angle. If you can't take that shot, then WTF are you doing playing AFL footy. We had the flow of the game at that time, we'd kicked the last 2, kick that 1 and we were in the ascendency and within 2 goals. They slingshot it and ice the game.

Stinker of a decision and no idea why he even made that decision, and thats not even taking into account the awful delivery of that kick, floated it on his head, was the easiest kick that their defender will need to spoil in his career.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Soldo came back early from injury, next to no pre-season and no match practice so some were expecting too much from him. That Hawkins shoe ruined him and unlikely ever to be the same but is better that any alternative

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Soldo came back early from injury, next to no pre-season and no match practice so some were expecting too much from him. That Hawkins shoe ruined him and unlikely ever to be the same but is better that any alternative
Fair call
Hawkins - Soldo
Dangerfield - Vlastuin
Stewart - Prestia

We get any..??

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Of all, I will never understand why Dangerfield never got cited for that elbow to Vlastuin's head and we never even got a free from it. I reckon Nick is still suffering from that thuggery today
GF was done, season waa over, media not interested- holiday time

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Not even sure why it crossed his mind.
Simple. He didn't want to take the responsibility and given the context, no one was kicking sodas (hence further perceived pressure to nail the goal) that Gold Coast kept kicking & there's the game.