Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

I am far from convinced with Soldo. Whilst he might win hit outs, he is next to no good around the ground. No good when the ball hits the ground and no real threat up forward. But nonetheless he will get his chance. I hope he proves me wrong.
Gets his chance . Played in 2019 Premiership Team . He will be fine

Reactions: 1 users
Ivan will never be an A grader but he's perfect for that second ruck when Nank needs help or is injured. He's experienced, he's cheap, he works hard.

Reactions: 5 users
Not a better, more humble bloke in football.
Hope he tears West Coast a new one.

Reactions: 6 users
Ivan will never be an A grader but he's perfect for that second ruck when Nank needs help or is injured. He's experienced, he's cheap, he works hard.
Wins tap outs and is pretty deadly inside the box as a striker

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Bit of a wildcard is the Biggest Ivy , we are now going to get a look at a genuine clearance machine with Taranto, Hopper, Prestia , Bolton, Cotchin and Martin roving to Soldo , West Coast probaly won’t be the walk over they have been and unfortunately Nic Nat is out , however this game could be a great starting point for our Soldo lead midfield over the next 5 weeks .

Soldo was moving well in the VFL Thursday so hopefully he can get back to the forgotten form of 2019/20
Can see Shai eyes lighting uo.
He'll be on the move at every centre bounce

Reactions: 1 users
I am far from convinced with Soldo. Whilst he might win hit outs, he is next to no good around the ground. No good when the ball hits the ground and no real threat up forward. But nonetheless he will get his chance. I hope he proves me wrong.
kicks more goals on average than Nank

kicks more goals on average than Nank
If we are still in the finals race I wouldn’t be against playing Nank forward a bit more with Soldo rucking , with no Lynch and Miller , Jack and Pickett not providing the aerial contest we were after Nank would at least get the ball to ground

Reactions: 1 user
Soldo is an honest player, he'll come in, work hard and he does kick very straight from a set shot if given the chance.

Maybe he'll even give us a tap ruck advantage although we killed clearances from centre bounce in the second half last week anyway. Will be interesting to watch him and the mids hopefully smash the Wet Toast mids this week.

Gee, he’s looking super fit old Ivan Drago. Needs to smash the ball 20 metres forward in hit outs. Impressive start

Thought he was fantastic against not much. As good as a game Nank has played this year.

Huge game Ivan. Inferior opposition but so nice to see us get our hands on the footy first

Reactions: 6 users
Looked great in the first half but looked gassed in the second IMHO, stopped jumping at ruck contests. Should be better for the run.

Reactions: 4 users