Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

He is already a better mark than Hampton and a better kick .

The club would absolutely thrilled with his development .

Should be eleveTed next week

I think Soldo has massively improved. As others have said, given he didn't go through the TAC pathway and is still 21, he has huge scope for improvement left. He'll be our Dean Brogan. Not sure if I'd elevate him yet over Chol, but I'd be careful of giving him the right encouragement. He's clearly working hard and the results show. He was lucky to be a VFL reserves player a couple of years ago.

TigerForce said:
Besides height, I can't see anything in this bloke.
He holds his marks, which already puts him ahead of Cymbals Hampson.

I have mentioned numerous times that he gets better every time i see him & I cant recall missing a game when he played

his upside is huge, probably still only played 50 games in his life

He keeps on improving - that's the key.

People need to realise that he's coming from a long way back. AFAIK, he didn't play any junior footy.

The rate in which he has improved from when he first started is very impressive.

And he can mark the footy. As a ruckman, you're halfway there if you can clunk it IMO.

I can only assume that Soldo is on Richmonds 'Elite Talls Development Program'. Probably on the same program as Elton so he can most likely expect another 2-3 years on the rookie list. We have no idea how to draft/develop talls and are now relying on Sydney's fourth choice ruckman as our saviour. At least Nank has had a few years in the system that was able to turn a Canadian rugby player into an AFL premiership ruckman in 3 years, cos he ain't going to learn a thing at Tigerland.

Hello Newman said:
I can only assume that Soldo is on Richmonds 'Elite Talls Development Program'. Probably on the same program as Elton so he can most likely expect another 2-3 years on the rookie list. We have no idea how to draft/develop talls and are now relying on Sydney's fourth choice ruckman as our saviour. At least Nank has had a few years in the system that was able to turn a Canadian rugby player into an AFL premiership ruckman in 3 years, cos he ain't going to learn a thing at Tigerland.

Baloney. It's all about who you recruit. If you recruit the types that are likely to improve then you'll have more success. Not sure where you got Nankervis as Sydney's 4th choice ruckman from. Played 3 of the last 4 games and semi final for Sydney at only 22yo. That's pretty impressive for a ruckman and I have no doubt Nankervis was in Sydney's short and long-term plans. Recruiting mature ruckman is a good stratgey, even Sydney has had a history of doing this.