Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ivan jr is not yet 21yo. He's up for promotion now with Hamster on the LTI list.

He's coming on. Maybe he's about to get the support gig.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
iVahn if it doesn't happen next week Soldo is the right type to pair with Nankervis. He's taller, gets more air. He'll make a tap ruck in time. We want him more involved in the aerial battles on the wings and within the arcs.

He's young but it's probably a good time to fast track him if he can just consistently hit the minimum standards. Even if it's only for the first half of the season. Senior games.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I'd have no problem with Soldo playing. The new rules have created a need for brutes. Soldo has the height, Nankervis has the meanness. We might just end up with a brute squad.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TOT70 said:
I'd have no problem with Soldo playing. The new rules have created a need for brutes. Soldo has the height, Nankervis has the meanness. We might just end up with a brute squad.
Good opponent to be up against too, if he can compete well with Grundy in the Ruck and stick with him around the ground we'll know his coming along nicely

E

easy_tiger

so confirmed hammer is LTI?

jeez Nankers and Evarn II could be the youngest, brutalist, ruck duo in memory?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
TOT70 said:
Now that is a thought I like. Far too long the Tigers have turned the other cheek in a contest

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Not a Soldo fan. A long way from competence at this stage. Still a long shot project. A good thing we have Nanks!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
achillesjones said:
Not a Soldo fan. A long way from competence at this stage. Still a long shot project. A good thing we have Nanks!
Quite confident Soldo is not as far off as you think. Doesn't have to be this year, only turns 21 in April. I would say outside Rioli, Soldo has impressed me most in his advancement in the off-season and is just a case of out of sight out of mind. At 204cm and 106kg I like. Agree the recruitment of Nanks looks to be a masterstroke of massive proportions.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ghost of Punt Road said:
With two players to elevate due to long term injury, I guess Chol or Soldo get the gig depending how they play tomorrow.

Stengle plays too though. Must have quite a leap on him :)

Interesting that Moore doesn't get a look at all. Injured or nowhere near it?

Seymour? Very immature, GoPR. Project.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
On Soldo, he came on much more that I expected last year. And appears to have improved again this preseason. He is at least a definite keeper.

He's probably not far off the big move from Cat B Rookie (the lowest position on a list) to reserve grade first ruck. Maybe he's already there. He gave his cousin a touch up in a recent intra club.

Soldo has fans. (I'm not a fan. I'm just calling it as I see it.)

BTW Ivan jr is not aggressive. He's a tap ruck. An aerial ruck. The other type to Nank, who is a ground ruck.

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
caesar said:
Quite confident Soldo is not as far off as you think. Doesn't have to be this year, only turns 22 in April. I would say outside Rioli, Soldo has impressed me most in his advancement in the off-season and is just a case of out of sight out of mind. At 204cm and 106kg I like. Agree the recruitment of Nanks looks to be a masterstroke of massive proportions.
He's only 20 currently, turns 21 this year.