Ivan Soldo

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So awesome. If it wasn’t for Pickett he was the story of the grand final. Development triumph for our club
Watched the replay last night for the first time properly and Soldo was enormous in that game, the best ruck game I have seen since, since ....................... grigga :)

Agree this storey has gone under the radar for sure. Question, is Soldo the best young developing ruck in the league at the moment?

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Still crazy days that "Soldo" and "Premiership ruckman" are in the same sentence... never, ever saw that coming

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has shown so much improvement its hard to believe.
If he wasnt a richmond player, he would be spoken about.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Remember the hype last year about USA man Cox & how good he was etc. All after 1 good game, before & since he's been completely underwhelming.
Ivan on the other hand has has a far greater impact after about the same time in the game as Cox, I know who I'd rather have playing for me in the next 5 - 8 years. So do the mugpies, after all they tried to offload Cox & even the Bummers knocked him back.

• Haha

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
Could you see ok ?
Actually it seems that Mr and Mrs Soldo saved all the good stuff for Ivan when he was conceived. The others were all normal sized, unlike Brad Ottens sister Shelly who is pretty tall. She struck up a conversation with me in a pub one night by giving her name. I straight away asked if she was related to Brad Ottens (he'd just crossed to Geelong that summer). She said no, and i then proceeded to reel off his history ie time in NT, coming from SA and other stats and she goes "OMG, you're not one of those footy stalkers are you"?

I said "Yeth - do you want a date"?

Thats didn't go well.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Watched the replay last night for the first time properly and Soldo was enormous in that game, the best ruck game I have seen since, since ....................... grigga :)

Agree this storey has gone under the radar for sure. Question, is Soldo the best young developing ruck in the league at the moment?
He could be. Maybe that guy from Adelaide. Can’t think of his name ..O’Brien ? The guy who kept Jacobs out.