Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Little Ivan just keeps on improving match by match and it is a joy to see. At the beginning of last season few would have thought he would surpass Nanks as our No 1 ruckman. Mind you CCJ is going to make him work for his place

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I personally think we should move one of Nank/Soldo on for some currency at the end of the year. I don’t think we should be playing them both in the same side, and it would be a waste to have one of them playing in the 2’s.

Soldo is our number 1 Ruck in my eyes, so he’s the one I’d be keeping. Give us strong 1st use through his tap work. Nank not as strong in the ruck, and is more an extra midfielder.

Nank will have better currency too.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We'll never win a premiership with both of them playing

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Gee I tend to agree with ,do we need two first rucks,but Christ it burns thinking of,trading a dual premiership ruck.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I still think we need em both with CCJ in the wings. Chol, less currency but more expendable in my view.

From memory during the NAB games CCJ showed the best traits on field of both Nanks and Soldo so he is going to be pressing hard for a ruck spot in the firsts. Who would have thought we would have three good ruckmen available at Richmond after years of struggling

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
From memory during the NAB games CCJ showed the best traits on field of both Nanks and Soldo so he is going to be pressing hard for a ruck spot in the firsts. Who would have thought we would have three good ruckmen available at Richmond after years of struggling

Nice isn't it?

DS

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Gold Coast would be all over a dual premiership ruck. They just re picked up Zac Smith after fforgetting how *smile* he was the first time he played there. Maybe we could get Ainsworth or Brodie in return

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Amazing when you think back to 2017 and we had to use Nank in his first year at the club with Grigg as the 2nd ruck.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Surely Nank and change for Greene. Nank would make GWS a real contender.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looks like Soldo has just taken the #1 ruck mantle for now.

Toby will be much better when hes fully fit and running out ganme, hes had a battle with that groin tear, they can be particularly problematic especially for rucks.

Question fotr the Maggots is.... Will they select Cameron?

Soldo will likely play behind the ball mostly from centre back into defensive 50 and leave the rucking to others forward of centre, that will increase his on field rest and allow for him to spend more time on ground.

Tommy will probably do the majority of forward half ruck contesting with Jack having a go here and there also where the front on contest is not requisite.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its obvious that with Soldo we less likely to cop so many run and gun centre clearances.

Theyve obviously prioritised that over around the ground coverage and are looking to utilise the extra rotating mid to cover territory

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Soldo has him for centre bounce work , but i'd take Nank around the ground any day.

Nank is gun around the ground , but Soldo has improved out of sight there to let's not forget taking marks in the back half up forward to and loves the rough stuff to.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I just remember Soldo burning it up down the members wing against the Bears in the final game of the season ............. :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Was super important in that few minutes. Saved us. I reckon he spent too much time early worrying about where Grundy was and not playing his natural game.

Looked to run out the game pretty well though

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
If we're going to play with one ruckman, it has to be Soldo. End of story.

Reactions: 2 users