Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Best ruck potential youngster I've seen at the club for a while. Is only 20. His only game at AFL level he had 13 disposals, 7 contested from just 63% game time. Yeah they weren't great disposals overall but he has immense talent.

There was a lot to like about CCj's debut on the big stage against the Druggies

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Very smart and quick minded in congestion.
Has a football I.Q.
Very rare for a ruckman
Yep. Still got massive amounts to learn about playing the game, but his reaction and second efforts around the contest are very good.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I wonder if he might be a bit exposed in the early games when the matches are faster, then come into his own from June onwards and the moustache is more intimidating

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I only see upside from here for Soldo by the end of year his work rate improvement was very good taking marks, kicking goals,chopping in defence.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He seems to be a quick learner and is starting to read the game reasonably well.

What can you say, he is performing well now and still has room to improve. Great stuff.

DS

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Bloody oath! He just kept improving each game second half of last season right up until the gf. How good can he get?
I think it was the last quarter where Parfitt run into him. Parfitt dropped like a sack of potatoes and Ivan just stood there. He is very strong bodied.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will be #1 ruck come round 1.

Nanks still on way back from groin surgery.

Question which will be answered over next 4 weeks will be whether Nank makes it back to join Ivan against the Blues.

Nanks behind post surgery, Balta return to Pre Season in not ideal shape.

CCJ might be a chance of some early game time especially in the praccy matches.

Maybe we might see the return of Choldo in the pre season games.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Ivan has transformed into a great ruck. Takes a good grab and floats into the right spots behind the ball. Handy set shot too.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Thought some of his tap work was great, especially down to Cotchin.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
No player in the league has improved as much as Ivan has in the last 12 months.

Could be anything

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Did anyone else notice Ivans foot smother against Carlton?

Murphy was about to kick it inside 50 and Ivan threw the size 24 at it and smothered it. It happened with about 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Did anyone else notice Ivans foot smother against Carlton?

Murphy was about to kick it inside 50 and Ivan threw the size 24 at it and smothered it. It happened with about 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter.
Not a bad qtr by the big Soldo. A shank smother on Kroooooz to break his foot n then a foot smother to shut down an inside 50. There's an art form to being destructively awkward.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Rioli's last goal was comedy gold... started 5 metres back, sprinted past both players. I'll miss that kind of thing.

Reactions: 3 users