Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Yep, after the bye isn’t too bad, could potentially have a mini pre season if his knee heals a little quicker, which worked pretty well for prestia, broad and vlastuin in 2017!

Just reading up on it and the PCL self heals. Anyone with any idea on how stable and strong it would be at 8 weeks?

lamb22 said:
Just reading up on it and the PCL self heals. Anyone with any idea on how stable and strong it would be at 8 weeks?

Craig is usually knowledgeable on this sort of thing.

Injury update: Star Tiger Jack Riewoldt out for eight weeks
By Peter Ryan
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/injury-update-scans-clear-bomber-smith-but-brown-to-miss-20190426-p51ho0.html

Richmond will be without key forward Jack Riewoldt for the next six to eight weeks as a result of the PCL injury he suffered on Anzac Day eve against Melbourne.
Riewoldt was playing his first game for a month after suffering knee and wrist injuries against Collingwood in round two.Scans showed he had suffered a high grade PCL strain to his right knee when he landed awkwardly from a marking contest and although he has avoided surgery he may miss the next two months.

I love watching Jack. He is a champion and it is a privledge to see him play.

I am being selfish but i am upset because i am going to miss half a season of his stellar career.

TigerFlag2017 said:
I love watching Jack. He is a champion.

I am being selfish but i am upset because i am going to miss half a season of his stellar career.

Yep. He is a champion footballer and a champion bloke.
Great leader at RFC and while he will be missed on the field for the next six to eight weeks he will make sure he is up and about with his team mates over this time.
He and Rancey will be great support for their team mates as they rehabilitate.
The leadership group at the Tigers is exceptional.

What was Gawn doing there anyway. Spewing, best player we have and his season has turned to *smile*.

If he misses 6 that brings him back for the Adelaide game in Adelaide, 7 weeks takes us to the bye and 8 takes us to June 30 v St Kilda.