Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

craig said:
I'm guessing Jack partially tore his whereas Tommy snapped his right through.

That's the obvious difference. I heard JR's was a high end 'strain' - Lynch tore his.

tempany14 said:
how is Jacks PCL different from Lynch,
is it that Lynch needed surgery and jack doesnt

Don't think Tom's was snapped right through it was just that his PCL issue was ongoing, (chronic), and non surgical rehab and rest did not work so they decided to go the reco.

Cockattoo-Collins is another player that has been unable to get back from his non-surgical PCL injury last year, to be fair he has been riddled with soft tissue injuries as well for his whole career.

As Big Richo said, PCL's are anything than straight forward but cross fingers Jack's will be.

craig said:
I'm guessing Jack partially tore his whereas Tommy snapped his right through.

Any idea what high grade tear means Craig? Common sense suggests if its a significant tear there might be more issues with it healing in the proper way.

Contrary to what others thought I reckon the two talls were working well on Wednesday. Jack had a lazy 16 possies until he went off early in the last and found himself against a medium sized defender a bit.

Missing 8 weeks to work on the chemistry not ideal.

lamb22 said:
Contrary to what others thought I reckon the two talls were working well on Wednesday. Jack had a lazy 16 possies until he went off early in the last and found himself against a medium sized defender a bit.

Missing 8 weeks to work on the chemistry not ideal.

The next 7 weeks are: Bulldogs at Marvel, Dockers at Optus, vs Hawks at Home (G), vs Essendon Dreamtime at home (g), North at Marvel, vs Cats at home (G), Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
After that is the bye.

Unless he comes back miraculously fast, I can't see them bringing him in for an interstate game then having the bye. So I'd imagine he'd come back vs St Kilda. That gives us 9 weeks to sort out the
forwardline chemistry before finals start, assuming we make it.

I think without him, we're likely to win 4 and lose 3 (Essendon, Cats and Adelaide). But the rest will be closer than we'd hope.
With him and I think we'd go 5-2 and win some of the other games more easily.

The_General said:
The next 7 weeks are: Bulldogs at Marvel, Dockers at Optus, vs Hawks at Home (G), vs Essendon Dreamtime at home (g), North at Marvel, vs Cats at home (G), Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
After that is the bye.

Unless he comes back miraculously fast, I can't see them bringing him in for an interstate game then having the bye. So I'd imagine he'd come back vs St Kilda. That gives us 9 weeks to sort out the

I think without him, we're likely to win 4 and lose 3 (Essendon, Cats and Adelaide). But the rest will be closer than we'd hope.

What makes you think we're gonna lose to the Bummers and the Cows? They're both average at best.

Perfect opportunity to bring in Moore. He apparently covers the ground well.
Lets see him for 2 months

The_General said:
After that is the bye.

I think we will win all 7 G.

but our % might not expand too much without jack,

Its a strange season when you are happy when you hear Jack Reiwoldt will miss 6-8

I thought he was done.

easy said:
I think we will win all 7 G.

but our % might not expand too much without jack,

Its a strange season when you are happy when you hear Jack Reiwoldt will miss 6-8

I thought he was done.

back in 4 or 5 I reckon. 6 max. Could be wrong, just going on form. And PCLs can be anything.

The_General said:
After that is the bye.

5-2 even without him. Can't see us losing to all of the Bombers, Cats and Crows. Freo away a bigger danger game than Essendon and Adelaide imo.

tigersnake said:
Gotta disagree furiously with the 2 talls ain't working theory. Played 2 and a bit games together, always going to be a bedding down period, they've looked good in that context. Also, and here's the biggie, they just look like they will click and complement each other when they do get a run at it. You can smell it.

2 gun tall fwds and a fleet of mozzie fury is better than 1 gun tall fwd and a fleet of mozzie fury. Has always been the way and always will be.

Fleet of mozzie fury is diminished with two talls, snake. Can’t fit em all in.

I’d love for the two talls to work. Just sayin we haven’t seen much evidence yet. Hopefully they get a good run at it before September.

Jack is a genius - he won't take long to figure it our once he comes back its the other fwds and mids that need to work out the can function with 2 talls
Until then be it Moore, Bolton, Townsend, Graham, Weller whoever i think were back and the hunger shown on Monday sets up perfectly for another tilt

tempany14 said:
Jack is a genius - he won't take long to figure it our once he comes back its the other fwds and mids that need to work out the can function with 2 talls
Until then be it Moore, Bolton, Townsend, Graham, Weller whoever i think were back and the hunger shown on Monday sets up perfectly for another tilt

Good point. That’s probably why he did so well with Lynch so quickly.

He’ll see the game even better after the next 2 months. New perspective for him. After his body settles, he might come back as the best version of Jack so far.

When Jack feels comfortable playing 2nd fiddle to Lynch and letting him fly for the bi g marks is when we’ll see their best.

Lynch’s mark & goal Wed night happened after Jack deliberately sucked 2 defenders with him when he ran under the ball and left Tom out the back.

Was a thing of beauty.

Caddy gives us good cover as the second tall. Would bring in an extra small in bolton.

Tigers of Old said:
This is why we went & got Lynch in the first place. Jack is 31 in October. The end can come quickly for key forwards. Not saying this is the end but it won't help his cause.

Gulp :'(

He could do a Lynch (from Lions) and play till he is an old man

Harry said:
Caddy gives us good cover as the second tall. Would bring in an extra small in bolton.
Agreed,and it’s time we found out if Shai’s worth persevering with or look at trading him.

I’m a big fan so I hope it’s a keep.

Zip’s suggestion of trying Moore is the other possibility,he’s got pace and could play the decoy role,would also have to chase & tackle though to hold the spot.