Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Raines could take an overhead mark and compete for the ball, he was also a centreman and a damn fine one. Short can't do those things.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Raines could take an overhead mark and compete for the ball, he was also a centreman and a damn fine one. Short can't do those things.

True.
The similarity is more with the running and kicking styles

Not sure how good Shorts tank is?

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
CJ definitely needs an opportunity. Yes the game's are shorter but the stats say Jack's decline has started. The eyes say it too..
Could CJ & Mabs switch between playing forward & relief ruck?

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Apart from the GF he has struggled since the knee injury last year. Was never fast but perhaps now lost a yard & also his spring due to it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Last two weeks much better, moving better. Horrible to be a forward in 2020.

Got wide open three or four times and blokes sprayed the kick.

Reactions: 4 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
You guys are making me consider if I’m more blinded by bias that I realise... I thought he looked pretty good!

He’s had multiple 50m+ kicks in the last few weeks. That’s evidence the 40m miss was nothing. It’s just something he does every year.

He kicked a 50m goal from the boundary last week...

I didn’t notice how his opponent was being used. If that’s the sign, I’ll look out for it.

But the Sydney and Collingwood games were two of the lowest scoring games in AFL history because of opposition tactics. Mostly in our F50. Jack has never been the type of player to take big marks in heavy congestion anyway.

He’ll get more space in most other matches.

He’s also had multiple surgery every year for 10 years. His recovery routines must be essential to playing well. We don’t know how the pandemic has changed that, particularly after the return from the lockdown.

But he’ll get more consistent recovery in the hub.

Last, the shorter games will mean his body will have ample opportunity to get through this season in better shape than average for his age.

It sounds like I’m making excuses for him, but I swear I’m not blinded by admiration... he looked good!

Reactions: 4 users

TASSIETIGER2

Tiger Cub
Mar 29, 2011
Hobart
Give jack a break, dealing with a world where everything has been turned upside down because of corona affects everyone differently. It's obvious that he and the team are not dealing with it that well. The guy is champion and hopefully, they all can keep building from here.

• Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh he's looked much more engaged the last couple of games. He's been working hard, just not getting the rewards yet, as others say he's had no space to work with at all. Rewards will come.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Give jack a break, dealing with a world where everything has been turned upside down because of corona affects everyone differently. It's obvious that he and the team are not dealing with it that well. The guy is champion and hopefully, they all can keep building from here.

Im emotional.
I wish i was getting 23k a week and sitting besides a pool and playing games.
He shouldve stayed home.
Get over it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He seems determined to make an impact. If anything I think at times he's over thinking and trying to hard to get back to where he was. The media focus has obviously got to him and he's trying to prove everyone wrong, but seems to be trying too hard.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He seems determined to make an impact. If anything I think at times he's over thinking and trying to hard to get back to where he was. The media focus has obviously got to him and he's trying to prove everyone wrong, but seems to be trying too hard.

Which is where the coach needs to come in and have a chat - much easier to see this when it is happening to someone else.

DS

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
If the club doesn't have one of the young key forwards in this draft up the top of the list, I have to question them.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Jack has said a few things about the season and the hub, etc.. maybe we are seeing a reflection of that in the games

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Massive concerns. Can’t get any separation from his opponent and can’t seem to jump. Not putting a line through the champ yet.. but I keep looking for a turnaround at some point and it just ain’t happening at the moment... hopefully it does or the club may need to rethink a few things.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
If the club doesn't have one of the young key forwards in this draft up the top of the list, I have to question them.

He just captained us to a dominant win, and the recruiters have already got Tom Lynch as our new number one tall.

These are crazy times, it’s way too early to write anybody off let alone somebody as proud and great as Jack.

He’ll be back without a doubt!