Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
SeN this morning.
Whateley had Simpson on.
Whateley "great to see Josh kennedy played well in his 250th"
"Do you see him continue this form?"
Simpson "all you need to look at is Riewoldt, he isnt having 8 shots at goal, but the small things he does still contribute in the way they play".

Not to sure how to take that.
Is he saying Jack is Finished?
Or is he saying that Kennedy needs to do more even when he isnt hitting score board??

All i got out of it was, Simpson fears us.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hope I'm wrong, but would think JR would retire at seasons end.

Only a shadow of his years gone by. Seems to have lost his leap and is fumbling like never before.

Plus, his goal kicking is not that good anymore either, except for around the bend shots.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Get him out from the goal square up the ground let him roam up the ground attack the footy we can do that still Lynch and Chol up forward.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Get him out from the goal square up the ground let him roam up the ground attack the footy we can do that still Lynch and Chol up forward.

Just get him out.

CCJ / Chol deserves a chance rotating in his spot. If we lose CCJ which I’m hearing is a big chance of happening because we continue to play a cripple in front of him then that’s a joke.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Just get him out.

CCJ / Chol deserves a chance rotating in his spot. If we lose CCJ which I’m hearing is a big chance of happening because we continue to play a cripple in front of him then that’s a joke.

Jack has got a smart football brain doesnt need to kick a bag a week still important role in 2020 we already undermanned with big body's at the moment and you got a 2 time premiership player .Can he be going better at the moment without a doubt he knows that.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just get him out.

Please, CCJ does not play in front of Jack. Not unless Jack was to stop trying. His effort is there. Hopefully it can click this week.

Reactions: 1 users

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
Please, CCJ does not play in front of Jack. Not unless Jack was to stop trying. His effort is there. Hopefully it can click this week.

Personally I find the effort being there but it's just not happening the most disturbing part (more so because North were putrid if you thought he as ever going to regain form that would be it). The cliff for key forwards at his age can be a very sudden and very steep one. Think Carey, Gehrig, Lloyd, Travis Cloke, Roughhead, Brereton etc. He is 31 years of age and has apart from the Carlton match which seems almost a lifetime ago been horrible this year. Either way at the moment I"d be betting against him going on in 2021.

That means the concerns about Coleman-Jones are real and must be taken into consideration as to where to go from here. As much as I love Riewoldt (and I have photographs of my family with him in my house to prove it), we just CAN'T affford to lose both at the end of the year. Just saying with each passing week he doesn't perform it becomes less of a form issue and more of a list management issue.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Touching episode tonight plus more.

For people who haven’t heard or don’t have access.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Interesting to see how Jack goes this week, assuming he gets Davis. The GF was the one good game out of his last nine, when Davis shouldn't have been playing. (Will concede his good start against Carlton.)

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
Is it possible Jack knows this year is his last? Could this be what is affecting his mental state? With the reduction of list sizes at the end of year I can see players like Jack and Bacher stepping aside to let the young blokes stay on the list, regardless of whether they believe they could go on for another year.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Jack is a big game player - proved it in the recent final series and both GFs. If its the end ok its the end, but take off the perpetual rose coloured glasses for junior players - in a final series Chol and CCJ are very unlikely to have the wherewithal to be the player to star when Lynch and co are being held. Think Hipwood from last year and he has had far more game time than Chol and CCJ combined.

We won the flag because our forwards took turns to star in the final series - the opposition couldn't hold Dusty, Lynch and Riewoldt. Sad day for RFC if this current slump doesn't reverse and proves to eventually be the end of Jack.