Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
In ten years, this bloke will be dominating the AFL media landscape like no ex-player has ever done so before.
Actually, I was thinking along those lines myself watching him yesterday.
He's super smart in how he sees the game and once he has a bit more experience he'll be able to do it all.
Special comments✔
Analysis ✔
Host✔
I know other club supporters have always thought he's up himself and maybe in his youthful over confident days, he possibly came across that way.
Credit goes to Jack, because he's got a certain kind of genuineness that a lot of those knuckleheads on Fox could only dream of having!

Reactions: 4 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Actually, I was thinking along those lines myself watching him yesterday.
He's super smart in how he sees the game and once he has a bit more experience he'll be able to do it all.
Special comments✔
Analysis ✔
Host✔
I know other club supporters have always thought he's up himself and maybe in his youthful over confident days, he possibly came across that way.
Credit goes to Jack, because he's got a certain kind of genuineness that a lot of those knuckleheads on Fox could only dream of having!
I dunno, he’d have to get past Jobe Watson first.
But once he’s gone, the sky’s the limit for JR8!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Jobe seems to have disappeared
He’s studying. After taking a 10 year “gap year” he’s now headed back to try to graduate from primary school.
If he gets some a helluva lot of personal mentoring, he may achieve his lofty goal.

Graduating from high school could be “ a bridge too far” or even “mission impossible” according to his father, Tim

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Jack and Shai both nominated for mark of the year - very hard choice
Don’t forget to get your votes in!

AFL website to vote

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Jack still has much to offer RFC in 2022 ... particularly if he's given the right role to play.
Just a bloody great footballer with an astute footy brain.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jack still has much to offer RFC in 2022 ... particularly if he's given the right role to play.
Just a bloody great footballer with an astute footy brain.
Out of all our players that needs a break. Jack deserves one.
The *smile* prick at Geelong all AA Australian and the best forward ever to play the game, that's if you listen to the media.
But Jack has been unbelievable.
2, 5 and 2 goals in GF's.
If that was anyone else, the media would be jerking off.
Jack stays till he wants to stay.
Gun footballer.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The *smile* prick at Geelong all AA Australian and the best forward ever to play the game, that's if you listen to the media.
Gun footballer.

Absolute "gun footballer", Zipps
My favourite Tiger of them all.

• Love

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
One of our greats, but I reckon he should be playing a different role next year.
Assuming one of Coleman-Jones and Chol remain and that we pick up a tall forward with one of our first rounders, we will have a surplus of tall forwards.
Soldo also to return.
More important to the teams ultimate success that CJ should get games than it is Jack.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Gun footballer.
How many Coleman's Shovekins won..................one.......................pfffffffftttttttttttttt

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
One of our greats, but I reckon he should be playing a different role next year.
Assuming one of Coleman-Jones and Chol remain and that we pick up a tall forward with one of our first rounders, we will have a surplus of tall forwards.
Soldo also to return.
More important to the teams ultimate success that CJ should get games than it is Jack.
The game against Adelaide gave a brief glimpse of how/where Jack can play next year - sort of a high half forward role including being a link from half-back/wing exits to the forward line. It also allowed him to drift into forward space using his football smarts - which he has plenty of.

By playing that role, it allows for two main key tall forwards (Lynch and CJ) to play their part. Keeping separation and having dangerous smalls linked to all will be the key -having Stack join Bolton up forward could help this too.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The game against Adelaide gave a brief glimpse of how/where Jack can play next year - sort of a high half forward role including being a link from half-back/wing exits to the forward line. It also allowed him to drift into forward space using his football smarts - which he has plenty of.

By playing that role, it allows for two main key tall forwards (Lynch and CJ) to play their part. Keeping separation and having dangerous smalls linked to all will be the key -having Stack join Bolton up forward could help this too.
Jack is still great but he has slowed. Still canny and clever but now more injury prone than ever before.
His greatest contribution will be as a teacher and on using his expertise and experience to bring on new players. I suspect he will play more AFL towards the end of the season than at the beginning.