Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Only leader with presence on the ground other than Cotchin . Bakes shows signs. Riewoldt deserved to be captain this year

Reactions: 1 users
Chol and CJ would not even get close to JR's achievements.Had he kicked straight last night I am sure you would be applauding him
Chol and CJ would not even get close to JR's achievements.Had he kicked straight last night I am sure you would be applauding him.
Yeah but he didn’t.

A lot of people hanging their hats on things that didn’t happen; Predicted scores, better ball control, Jack kicking straight etc. As if that somehow makes our performance more palatable.

Jack will probably go around again but he’s only going to be slower and less athletic. I only hope he’s not 2023’s version of Edwards.

Chol and CJ would not even get close to JR's achievements.Had he kicked straight last night I am sure you would be applauding him.
Both those statements are hypotheticals.
Would CCJ have ever been the bloke to take over the Jack role? Another hypothetical and it’s too late now to worry about it.

2.6 is an awful, game losing return from his work.

But this is Jack Riewoldt. He's not going to go at 25% very often.

One of his 2 was from outside fifty. He can still slot them. In 2022 he actually prefers the long bomb. This seems mental, rather than physical.

Dragged us back in to it in the third. Should have dragged us over the line.

He has really slowed down. But his agility is still there. 0.3 of his score was from beating his opponent at ground level, turning them inside out.

He's un-upgradeable. In 22 and 23.

He's not too old to recover his goal kicking form. But he can't be paired with Gibcus ever again. He could have 3 years ago.

Reactions: 9 users
My only issue with Jack is him going for the speccy all the time. He can't recover quick enough after the contest as a result.

Don't think it's best use of his talents and the coach should have a word. Always thought his body work is elite.

Reactions: 1 user
Over 300 games n 3 coleman medals, at 33 y.o. with the Lynchman out he's again expected to play as our solo key forward n people are bitching coz he kicked 2 goals 6 behinds. Old Jaaack did a bloody excellent job to get 8 shots at goal, unfortunately had the gum boots on the wrong feet yesterday, that happens to every player at some stage.
Wonder how many times over his career Jaaack's managed a similar type of flaky return from six or more shots at goal n how many times he's kicked a five for or better from more than six shots at goal.

Reactions: 3 users
My only issue with Jack is him going for the speccy all the time. He can't recover quick enough after the contest as a result.

Don't think it's best use of his talents and the coach should have a word. Always thought his body work is elite.
Jack's positioning at marking contests are always difficult as he usually has 2 or 3 opponents against him hence he is fighting for the mark which always looks like he is flying for a speccy. A small player at his feet would pick up many goals....IMO

Reactions: 2 users
Both those statements are hypotheticals.
Would CCJ have ever been the bloke to take over the Jack role? Another hypothetical and it’s too late now to worry about it.
think you need to refer back to the posters comments to get a grasp where I was coming from???

A huge lift in form and leadership from Jack on the night. Bravo. McKay is powerful in the air and strong of body. A tough opponent, not like the junk he's been getting recently.

Had to beat three all night and often did.

Jack and Chimp were awesome. A recovering Prestia too at times. Real leadership.

Reactions: 4 users
Jack's positioning at marking contests are always difficult as he usually has 2 or 3 opponents against him hence he is fighting for the mark which always looks like he is flying for a speccy. A small player at his feet would pick up many goals....IMO
Jack ain't going to kick 2.6 again anytime soon. He wasnt alone with the missy boots on that's fore sure.

A huge lift in form and leadership from Jack on the night. Bravo. McKay is powerful in the air and strong of body. A tough opponent, not like the junk he's been getting recently.

Jack and Chimp were awesome. A recovering Prestia too at times. Real leadership.
You could look at it another way and say he had a mountain of i50's to work with. He converted 2 goals as the main man? Leadership? Surely leadership includes converting opportunity?

We played a team that hadn't won in how many games? That's won how many in 2 years? Awesome?

Our leaders let us down. Prestia/Grimes/Vlastuin/Nank/Jack/Edwards.

The chimp is excused, he battled hard all night.

agree 100%. 2 weeks in a row Jack has done it. Last Q on the goldie, carried the KPF can manfully after we lost Lynch, we needed 2 goals in the last Q to win, he kicks 1, goal of the week from the boundary. We wouldn't have got close without him against North. Doesn't matter how good a leader you still need enough soldiers, and even then you can still get done.

agree 100%. 2 weeks in a row Jack has done it. Last Q on the goldie, carried the KPF can manfully after we lost Lynch, we needed 2 goals in the last Q to win, he kicks 1, goal of the week from the boundary. We wouldn't have got close without him against North. Doesn't matter how good a leader you still need enough soldiers, and even then you can still get done.
Done it? We lost. He contributed to the losses. He's a multiple coleman winner and leader, not sure why you have such low expectations of him.

Dumb free kicks against GC in the last qtr enabled them to keep the pressure on. He got enough supply against North to kick a winning score but missed golden opportunities. For a senior player that's disappointing. I dislike the blame being laid on the likjes of Castagna, Aarts, Miller etc

Jack's been one of the clubs greats. And this could have been a magnificent swan song year for he chimp/edwards etc. Unlikely now and the reality is the opportunity has been in the hands of the senior players and they haven't got it done.

did you read the post? You can be a good leader and still get done. Doing his bit considering where his career is at.
I did I just disagree that Jack has lead well the last 2 games. That goes for the likes of Vlastuin/Grimes/Edwards/Nank & to a lesser extent Prestia. Poor decisions at crucial moments have cost us another 4 wins.

I did I just disagree that Jack has lead well the last 2 games. That goes for the likes of Vlastuin/Grimes/Edwards/Nank & to a lesser extent Prestia. Poor decisions at crucial moments have cost us another 4 wins.
fair enough. But this is the Jack thread.

He kicked 2 goals 6 behinds.

He might have dragged us back in the game but was also responsible for why we lost.

2.6 is an awful, game losing return from his work.

But this is Jack Riewoldt. He's not going to go at 25% very often.

One of his 2 was from outside fifty. He can still slot them. In 2022 he actually prefers the long bomb. This seems mental, rather than physical.

Dragged us back in to it in the third. Should have dragged us over the line.

He has really slowed down. But his agility is still there. 0.3 of his score was from beating his opponent at ground level, turning them inside out.

He's un-upgradeable. In 22 and 23.

He's not too old to recover his goal kicking form. But he can't be paired with Gibcus ever again. He could have 3 years ago.

Wrong again.

Jack is kicking like an old guy. Anyone who has aged (ie everyone) will know you lose strength through the kicking mechanism and you lose distance and sometimes accuracy.

Truth is jack’s kicking at goal has been iffy for 2-3 years and is getting worse.

Reactions: 1 user