Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

The next key forward underneath him is panels behind. Gibcus/Balta etc.

8 shots at goal. Missed many he would normally kick. Dragged us back in the 3rd.

Needs to play on for us.

Reactions: 6 users
Played like a geriatric tonight.
no, he played like he's played all year. Kicked 2 goals, like he has all year, probably a bit better than he has all year actually. We win, must play on, we lose geriatric must retire. Come on mate.

Reactions: 3 users
Until we see a logical replacement (and we sure don't have one), he plays on. Balta and Gibcus aren't the answer as forwards and there's nothing at VFL level. Bauer, even if he does make it, isn't a key position prospect.

Reactions: 1 user
It's hard listening to Jack comment on what Hawthorn needs to do in the last 2 mins against WC. It's sounds like he struggling with any ideas

It's hard listening to Jack comment on what Hawthorn needs to do in the last 2 mins against WC. It's sounds like he struggling with any ideas
He's got half his mind in media and the half on Richmond. One part to our problems this season.

Reactions: 1 users
The time has come. Goes through the motions during a lot of the games. Will only be slower next week and doesnt really show great leadership at times so time to go.

Slow as treacle and will get slower next season.

Cannot kick through the footy like he used to either.

I think he will pull the pin.

Reactions: 3 users
Slow as treacle and will get slower next season.

Cannot kick through the footy like he used to either.

I think he will pull the pin.
Its the stupid free kicks because he is slow and behind all the time now that frustrate fans

no, he played like he's played all year. Kicked 2 goals, like he has all year, probably a bit better than he has all year actually. We win, must play on, we lose geriatric must retire. Come on mate.
He can longer play the number one key forward role. Many times last night he was playing behind Mackay. Didn’t want to engage a on on one contest like he used to. He desperately needs Lynch out there. I am not saying he doesn’t go on next year but he is no where moving like the player we know.

8 shots at goal. Missed many he would normally kick. Dragged us back in the 3rd.

Needs to play on for us.
I was critical of him last night. Played behind far too often.

Our list management in preparation for his retirement is the issue. There is no one.

Balta is definitely a defender. Gibcus is too early to tell.

Played behind ( with baker ) for that Aarts kick.
Why wasnt one of then in front ???
Strike a light ...the stupidity of our club this year

Needs to play on for us.
Not sure what the need is.

We are not contending next year. If we want to trial Balta properly you do it without Reiwoldt. Or you go Lynch one out and go more mobile.

People are potting Castagna/Aarts/Miller etc, Jack has played a big part in the last 2 losses. Stupid frees, selfish play and poor misses.

And I watched Balta trying to draw frees ala Jack last night by grabbing his opponments arms to make it look like he is being held. Balta is a very good contested mark, his focus should be purely on marking the thing not staging for frees like Jack often resorts to.

And I watched Balta trying to draw frees ala Jack last night by grabbing his opponments arms to make it look like he is being held. Balta is a very good contested mark, his focus should be purely on marking the thing not staging for frees like Jack often resorts to.
Dropped a couple too.

Until we see a logical replacement (and we sure don't have one), he plays on. Balta and Gibcus aren't the answer as forwards and there's nothing at VFL level. Bauer, even if he does make it, isn't a key position prospect.
Based on that logic Jack might be playing into his 40’s.

The onus is on the club to draft or trade for a quality key forward. To keep a player purely because there’s no one else is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

B grade comes to us all, regardless of how good we were in the past. Good list managers bring the replacements on a few years before the incumbent retires so they can learn off them.

I think the club got screwed over by Chol and CJ both deciding to leave last year

The onus is on the club to draft or trade for a quality key forward. To keep a player purely because there’s no one else is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

B grade comes to us all, regardless of how good we were in the past. Good list managers bring the replacements on a few years before the incumbent retires so they can learn off them.

I think the club got screwed over by Chol and CJ both deciding to leave last year

The club screwed itself a little bit there by not playing and flip flopping between the two. Almost would have been better off picking one early and just playing him.

Reactions: 2 users

No doubt we either need to trade in a ready made KPF (don’t know who - not many on the market) or use our first round pick to draft best available.

I’m thinking the latter will more likely occur in which case, we’ll need 1-2 years for development. This should have happened last year in my view.

Given it’d be useful to have Riewoldt around to help mentor the new young forwards, Lynch’s injury unreliability plus the fact we have nothing else (zip), then I’m in favour for one final year.

Chol and CJ would not even get close to JR's achievements.Had he kicked straight last night I am sure you would be applauding him.