Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Richo was having a crack at him about it so probably true.
That was funny
Richo: Jack, you’ve played the most draws
Jack: Thanks Richo, but you’ve kicked the most points on the G
Richo: Yeah, but I also kicked the most goals on the G

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Jack is staring to look his age in footballing terms and if he wants to finish the season he will need resting at times.

Was at the game and Jack was fine. Presented well but a number of times the ball was kicked away from him, so he got late to the contest as it was kicked to the defenders advantage. On TV probably looked like he was trailing his defender but he wasn't, was just poor execution of the kick to him. Defensively I thought Jack was excellent tonight which shows he still has the hunger as well.

Jack is the least of our worries.

Reactions: 10 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He did what I wanted him to do tonight and that was compete in the air and in contested situations.

Don’t expect him to be moving that quick, just want him to compete hard when the ball is in the air and if he can, move one or two defenders off the ball when the ball hits the ground and it’s a bit scrappy.

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
That sounds correct spook.
The pies match was first game back (round 2) after the 3 month covid break.
Ended up 36 each.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Thought Young had the better of him. The changing of the guard is close.

Understandable when Young has 8cm, 10kgs and is 10 years younger than him. But Jack still has experience and guile which can't be taught and will atill command a decent defender. Thought he was OK without having much of the footy.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Thought he was OK. Contributed.

The cost of Jack is now the cost of reduced F50 pressure.

If oppo starts playing through him on rebound with monotonous regularity, questions will rightly be asked.

MRJ has probably been tasked with covering for Jack to some extent.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Jacks earnt the right to play on , I think the end is very near , with his class and smarts he’ll still be able to play a role, however I’d like to play Ryan in his role at this point , Young maybe underrated ? However Jack 4 years ago smashes a player of that quality , last couple of seasons Jacks had marks spoiled that Jack used to mark, now Jack is getting out marked . In saying that it’s March and it’s a long season ahead.

Reactions: 1 users