Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Ryan (preferably) or Miller. Both need senior opportunities to improve at this point.
Jack (whilst still going ok) isn't improving & won't at this stage.

There was a lot of opportunities up forward for Jackmond vs the Blues but Young (20 disposals, 14 intercept possessions, eight marks) repelled a truckload of them.
He's still a wily old fox & is contributing but the decline is noticeable. Especially in terms of his leap & speed. He's not getting separation.
At a certain point a vet is holding a kid back. It's right about now.
Great post.

Reactions: 1 user

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
So depending on convenience, the lack of conversion on forward 50 entries is either the midfields fault, or Jack's fault?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So depending on convenience, the lack of conversion on forward 50 entries is either the midfields fault, or Jack's fault?
He had space on his opponent last week and multiple times it got kicked to the defenders advantage which imagine made it look like he was getting pantsed on the TV. He did get outmarked a couple of times in genuine 50:50s.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He had space on his opponent last week and multiple times it got kicked to the defenders advantage which imagine made it look like he was getting pantsed on the TV. He did get outmarked a couple of times in genuine 50:50s.

At least 3 times. I remember Graham in the 2nd I think, Short definitely in the 2nd and Dusty in the 3rd as 3 examples. Good leads by Jack but poor kicks to him.

As you say, there were a few times around the ground he was beaten by Young 1 on 1, but I think Young is a bit under rated on here.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Jack looks too slow. He'll have cameos this year sure, but he's done. If we had another key forward we could play or werent tryingfor a flag, I'm guessing he wouldn't be playing this year.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Jack looks too slow. He'll have cameos this year sure, but he's done. If we had another key forward we could play or werent tryingfor a flag, I'm guessing he wouldn't be playing this year.

If you were being kind you would say him taking his opponent into Rioli Jnr when Jnr was out was incredibly poor.

If you were being honest you could say a lot more.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has been getting slower each year, still, he kicked 2 goals, should’ve been 4.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Has been getting slower each year, still, he kicked 2 goals, should’ve been 4.
It's not just the goals he's kicking or not I'm worried about. It's his inability to chase and for him to be exploited the other way.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
My concern today was that too often his involvement was to attempt creative and speculative deft touches and flick-ons
Now was that because they were the best possible option - or - was because he can’t impact the contest as he would have done in the past?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
putting on my gollum hat

tricksiest issue facing the club as a whole right now

should be dropped, rested, whatever you want to call it, cos he ain't helping the team.

champion of the game, yada yada yada

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
defenders will say "experience" , "cool head"

time for Tom to lead that forward group

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Now getting out marked. 2 weeks in a row. Jack is an absolute no doubt hall of famer...but this may be another Shane Edwards 2022 all over again.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Kicked 2.2. Probably should have been 4.

Still ok enough offensively albeit nothing like his younger days - only to be expected. But yeah, when the ball hits the ground it’s good night Irene.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Think people are being a bit to harsh on jack here.
Sure he isn’t the player he was, he’s 34 years old and like 320 games in to his career, of course he isn’t what a younger jack was.
But 2 goals, 3 goal assists, 2 contested marks he’s still earning his place while being phased out.
When one of our younger forwards can prove they are worth more to the team, that’s when he’s a liability. Until then he’s doing his job.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Kicked 2.2. Probably should have been 4.

Still ok enough offensively albeit nothing like his younger days - only to be expected. But yeah, when the ball hits the ground it’s good night Irene.
next week will be interesting, Maynard will probably play on him (i assume he is still playing back?) if things dont go Jack's way, Maynard could well be BOG.
im not writing him off and reckon he is going ok, but their are going to be certain defenders he might struggle with, due to their strength and run.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Think people are being a bit to harsh on jack here.
Sure he isn’t the player he was, he’s 34 years old and like 320 games in to his career, of course he isn’t what a younger jack was.
But 2 goals, 3 goal assists, 2 contested marks he’s still earning his place while being phased out.
When one of our younger forwards can prove they are worth more to the team, that’s when he’s a liability. Until then he’s doing his job.
Bingo. He wasn’t the issue today, should’ve kicked four.

The structure was.