Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

A fortnight ago it was as if somebody fired a dwarf from a cannon into the thighs of a milling opposition. That dwarf was Jake Aarts.

Aarts has a good IQ, freakish core strength, is just a pass over the lawn and is undersized.

If he played in Jack Ross's body he'd be a *smile* champion.

Jack Ross thinks he's a neat skills player. SRSLY.

Chad Warner is smaller and younger. His attack on the ball is ferocious and his urgency is league leading. His possessions are just as few as Ross's. Oh, and he's down on form.

Chad Warner throws himself at the game. Goalward. Through traffic like a maniac. And he influences games. Star.

Jack Ross may need to build confidence more slowly. But IMO the main thing he lacks is urgency. Both ways. Maybe he lacks tank. He's getting a chance to build one.

It was good to see him work through the corridor against the Baners.

A fortnight ago it was as if somebody fired a dwarf from a cannon into the thighs of a milling opposition. That dwarf was Jake Aarts.

Aarts has a good IQ, freakish core strength, is just a pass over the lawn and is undersized.

If he played in Jack Ross's body he'd be a *smile* champion.

Jack Ross thinks he's a neat skills player. SRSLY.

Chad Warner is smaller and younger. His attack on the ball is ferocious and his urgency is league leading. His possessions are just as few as Ross's. Oh, and he's down on form.

Chad Warner throws himself at the game. Goalward. Through traffic like a maniac. And he influences games. Star.

Jack Ross may need to build confidence more slowly. But IMO the main thing he lacks is urgency. Both ways. Maybe he lacks tank. He's getting a chance to build one.

It was good to see him work through the corridor against the Baners.
I recall this being said, repeatedly, often, ad nauseum even, about a bloke wearing 11. Some blokes have a way of moving that appears to lack urgency. They are unflustered. JR is just such a player. He's a good unit. Ease up Tiger.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure about him, but he should never have been Sub multiple weeks in a row. You need to play (any level) to keep improving. That’s why I hate the whole sub idea.

Reactions: 3 users
I think I am getting to old to pot players and don't want to see people fail. Looking at his jnr highlights he is being played out if position/step and his body shape is not what it should be to play his natural game.

It is a real development negative on the coaching / club.

Think we just have to persist and instill confidence.

I still think he’s just ineffective in the contest.

Don’t get it, he’s a solid boy, but just folds under pressure.

If he can’t hold his ground in the contest he won’t play in the starting team, simple as that.

I still think he’s just ineffective in the contest.

Don’t get it, he’s a solid boy, but just folds under pressure.

If he can’t hold his ground in the contest he won’t play in the starting team, simple as that.
The odd thing is, his early games were known for his contest work and composure. Both of those things have escaped him.

It was one of the best debuts you could ever see from a Richmond player. Right now he's a shadow of that.

Check out that composure with the ball in a high pressure game too,

Notice he's playing in the middle, not on the wing. I would also like to see a side by side comparison of him back then versus now to see the body shape. Reckon he's smaller now and that may be impacting his strength and confidence

Reactions: 1 users
Kids an onballer and needs to be played there.
He's also the 8th youngest player on our list.
I've seen what the kid can do on ball and I'm happy to back him in.

It was one of the best debuts you could ever see from a Richmond player. Right now he's a shadow of that.

Amazing debut. Showed urgency, intensity and confidence. Composure of a 200 gamer. There was a flow to his game with zero hesitation. Somethings gone wrong since then with his mindset and confidence. Very similar to Rioli in that regard.

Ross should watch this clip on repeat day after day until he reconnects with that mindset and level of confidence.

Played as he has in almost every game I've seen him. Average. VFL player.
Naish & Ross join the likes of Ellis and Lennon as nice looking footballers who are extremely good VFL players but lack at least one elite AFL trait. Lennon could kick a goal but couldn't get enough opportunities at shooting for goal. Ellis had a nice left foot but was slow and couldn't win enough of his own ball. Naish may have a nice kick on him but is slow and cannot win his own ball. And can't cover the ground required to play AFL wing. And offers no physical presence. Ross is a mid who can't find enough of the pill. And is an average user.

Reactions: 2 users
He is like a Crouch brother less 10 possessions a game.

Played as he has in almost every game I've seen him. Average. VFL player.
Naish & Ross join the likes of Ellis and Lennon as nice looking footballers who are extremely good VFL players but lack at least one elite AFL trait. Lennon could kick a goal but couldn't get enough opportunities at shooting for goal. Ellis had a nice left foot but was slow and couldn't win enough of his own ball. Naish may have a nice kick on him but is slow and cannot win his own ball. And can't cover the ground required to play AFL wing. And offers no physical presence. Ross is a mid who can't find enough of the pill. And is an average user.
Ellis and Naish have never had a good boot on them. Complete misnomer.